Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Who among us is still primarily a McF collector?

-megalithanod

I was always more of a 3 3/4" Star Wars figure collector than ever Spawn /TMP. Basically still is, but that is slowing down due to space and lack of good stuff of theirs coming out IMO.

Now I always did and still do get the most enjoyment out of collecting the Mcfarlane figures and act like a little schoolgirl (back away guys - I'm taken [img]wink.gif[/img] ) when a new line is released or announced from TMP, even if I don't like the line per-se, I am always excited in the detail and way they do things at times.

With other lines going the way side for me, like LOTR, SW, ML, SMC, etc - just slowing down on those for some reason, I can actually say that figure to figure - I probably collect more TMP than anything else now.

I'd like to go back and revisit the name of the board to something like "UNREAL HODGEPODGE OF ECLECTIC COLLECTOR OF EVERYTHING COLLECTIBLE", but I am not sure if the name of the board can be changed, or if it would be worth it, but I look at it as what this place has gone into, more of a collecting community than a TMP based community as it might have started out with the best intentions.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

USB 2.0?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Still mostly TMP, have a little Marvel, Godzilla and (very little) DC.

Can we "buy" the name NTS ? [img]wink.gif[/img]

That or just go with "The Unreal"; i'm sure you'd rather have "Jor's Bitches" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-megalithanod

Wink

I was thinking more "-meg's masses of mwssed up munchkins" to be honest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and i'm mwre mwssed up than mwst! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Drau:
    i'm sure you'd rather have "Jor's Bitches" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey, who doesn't want my bitches... POOM! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -megalithanod:
    I was thinking more "-meg's masses of mwssed up munchkins" to be honest.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And we would end up with a swarm of short fucked up Meg Ryan stalkers! (other than myself mind you [img]wink.gif[/img] )

-megalithanod
    can't have that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The last Spawn fig I bought was Al vs. Spawn.. Theyll be a few in the next series, but not much.. Mainly right now it's imports (Batman International collectors' fig, Guyver III, and Gazelle the Peacemaker Black Beast Repaint) and I'm starting to collect more expensive items, such as busts and stuff. (Oh and Star Wars 3:3/4" stuff, but it depends on what)

My last purchases on preorder right now are Guyver III, Gazelle, and the Premium Format Doctor Doom. I'll probably end up joining Master Replica's Collector's society for the discounts on their Star Wars stuff, and thanks to Tort, I'm starting to have my eye on that Sauron finger.

Oh and what's starting to get me all giddy again is the custom I'm workin on... My truck. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    It'll be paid off the end of August and then I can focus on making my truck, well, mine. One of a kind.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 22, 2005 02:50 PM: Message edited by: AoD ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Flushing the name and starting over would eliminate the foundation and history of everything we've worked so hard to establish to this point.

Like dropping your birth name and having it legally changed to "Ra" because you've recently joined a Sun cult.

We don't necesarrily want to encourage people to come in and start up conversations about "precious moments" ceramic figurines in the Morning Coffee. Just about then, Andy would go running through the Coffee shop in Leiderhosen with DA shooting flaming livestock out of a catapult. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Why don't we just put a tag line at the bottom of the main graphic up top that says:

<font size="4">"A Community for Conversations and Lifestyles With the Most Unreal Members of the Action Figure Collecting Community." </font>

I think that sums it up pretty well.