Thread: Need Virus help,stucked with a Trojan and as dumb as it look I can't get rid of it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

that's right, it's re-installing itself in the background since it's also running. You can also go into CTRL-ALT-DEL and into PROCESSES and see if anything funny is running there. You can turn off most processes running under your current User Name except taskmgr.exe if you see one turn itself back ON, then that one's the Trojan...

Usually it's running under two names, so as you turn off one, the other one turns it back on... so you have to keep on trying to turn them BOTH off at the same time... but that should do the trick. Good luck, and if you still have trouble, try downloading Winpatrol from downloads.com It's a quick and easy free program to turn off things like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My AVG antivirus catches it, I can choose heal or delete and both work until I restart my PC and it comes back. It does the same thing when I go to the files and delete it myself. The grisoft website tells me Trojan just needs to be deleted (wich as I said doesn't work) the McAffee website says it's coming back if you use Windows XP (wich I do) but that it can be corrected by going into the Properties of the PC and by checking the "Desactivate restauration mode" box. I did this too but it still isn't working...

the files that keeps coming back is winacpi.dll and it stoes itself in the system32 folder

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 01, 2005 12:31 PM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go to Start - Run - and type in "msconfig".

You'll get a system configuration utility.

Go through services and startup and do a "disable all". Go back in and enable the few that are for your anti-virus.

At this point, the virus shouldn't restart and reinstall itself upon startup. (which is what I believe it's doing)

This should give you a chance to innoculate your machine a few times, delete any raw virus code that may be floating around in your registry or startup info, and then you can either selectively re-enable things in startup and services, or you can take a chance and start everything back up and see if it's gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Virus help,stucked with a Trojan and as dumb as it

As my point of view and i think if it It runs on two names, so you close one, the other turns on ...... so you have to keep trying at the same time the two of them ... but should do the trick. Good luck, if you still have problems, try to download downloads.com Winpatrol This is a free program quickly and easily turn off and the like.
    [url=http://smallbusiness.norton.com?om_ext_cid=soho_ext_blurbpoint_forum/]Norton Antivirus for small business[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I recently opened my online store, so it will be very interesting for me to learn not only about promotion methods, but also other useful services that will help improve the work of my store. Thanks in advance

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Hello, with the advent of new technologies, the collection and processing of huge amounts of information has made PII a much more important component of personal privacy, as organizations can be held liable if such information is accessed, used or disclosed improperly. This is why laws and restrictions have emerged to lobby for the proper protection of such information. Visit Gibraltar Cyber ​​Security for information on data protection services.