Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's the night Shield fans!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dajistein:
    That was canceled?!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. They didn't even finish season 1. I think it ended 3 episodes short.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shield logo

I'm excited and bummed at the same time since there have been rumors flying that this will be the last season of the Shield. I want the season to start, but I don't want the show to end.....

Here's what I know about this season so far (and it's not much, but it is spoilers)

Forest Whitaker joins the cast as Jon Kavanaugh an internal affairs lt. who leads the investigation of the Strike Team. Word is that Kavanaugh will pose as a father of an autistic child and become close to Corrine Mackey (Vic's wife) and try to pump her for info.

Officer Danny Sofer starts the season pregnant, taken off the streets and managing the Barn. The father is unknown but will be obvious within the first 5 episodes of the season.

The Barn has a new Capitain. After Dutch turned the job down they must have went to the next Spineless Yes-man they could find and hired Billings!!! (He was he guy that was washing his car when a gang banger got shot and just ran away...or the guy that Dutch cracked the shite outta)

There is a new Rookie, Tina Hanlon, and Jullian is her training officer.

Cluadette and Dutch are back, and Claudette gets diagnosed with Lupus which leaves Dutch at a quandry between his personal ambitions and loyalty to his partner.

Ass-ivada's back too. He's still a City Councilman but he gets envolved with the IAD investigation.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ July 27, 2006 02:49 PM: Message edited by: macabeee ]</font></font>

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 02:53 PM: Message edited by: macabeee ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Over There did in fact have 3 episodes left when it got the axe, which sucked ass, becuase I liked that show and at this point there aren't any plans to release the complete season on DVD.

Thus far Lucky and Over There are the only FX DRAMA's to fail. Starved and Always Sunny in Philidelphia both didn't get a season 2 renewal and Thief (the Andre Brower show that was previewed quite heavily in last night's Shield) got pulled before it aired and completely reworked.

But enough about FX's other shows, the Shield's season 5 premiere was AWESOME!!!!!

First things first - did everyone else notice that they went back to the old music for the recap montage?

I thought it was awesome that Cathy Cahlin Ryan and David Rees Snell (RONNIE GARDOCKI RULES!) are finally bumped into the opening credits.

We got a bit of an explanation about the Strike Team...it seems that they're now officially unofficial if the conversation between Aceveda and Kavanaugh is any indication ("The Strike Team Mackey RAN under your command").

The new girl Tina may be retarded, but man is she purty. I wonder who's gonna bag her? If this episode is any indication, SOMEONE is going to, be it Vic, Shane, or Dutch. I also think that the 'girly-girl' is going to get her in big trouble.

And so many references to early episodes! We haven't seen the Strike Team calling card since early Season 2, and Claudette's line - "That's how murderers go free" - was something she said to Julien waaay back in 'Our Gang' from season 1. Looks like they really are going to take things full circle for the alst season.

It seems to me that Mackey is perhaps slipping up - twice this episode, I saw Vic do things that seemed sloppy. First in the convenience store, when he shoved the gun in the guy's face - we were clearly shown that the place had security cameras. Also, Vic left the Strike Team calling card on the blonde-afro black guy, which seems odd to me, because they BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, which implies to me that they were definitely NOT on the clock.

Kavanaugh is NO JOKE, and neither is Forest Whittaker, as the excellent actor that he is, portraying this character. This guy is slowly, but cunningly, and on the D/L, workin' it, in his quest to bring Mackey down. The brother has started to lay the groundwork - "brick by brick", so to speak... I think Kavanaugh IS most likely to be the one that can go toe-to-toe with Mackey.

And how about the humor? First the mexican kid trying to escape on the mini-motorcylce, then his big-ole mom running up all huffin' and puffin' and sweaty, then finally him yaking all over Billings! And the "Gilroy's Liver" entry on the Danny's Baby Daddy poster! I'm not used to laughing so much while watching that show!!!

Anyway, GREAT episode!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by macabeee:
    Over There did in fact have 3 episodes left when it got the axe, which sucked ass, becuase I liked that show and at this point there aren't any plans to release the complete season on DVD.

Thus far Lucky and Over There are the only FX DRAMA's to fail. Starved and Always Sunny in Philidelphia both didn't get a season 2 renewal and Thief (the Andre Brower show that was previewed quite heavily in last night's Shield) got pulled before it aired and completely reworked.

But enough about FX's other shows, the Shield's season 5 premiere was AWESOME!!!!!

First things first - did everyone else notice that they went back to the old music for the recap montage?

I thought it was awesome that Cathy Cahlin Ryan and David Rees Snell (RONNIE GARDOCKI RULES!) are finally bumped into the opening credits.

We got a bit of an explanation about the Strike Team...it seems that they're now officially unofficial if the conversation between Aceveda and Kavanaugh is any indication ("The Strike Team Mackey RAN under your command").

The new girl Tina may be retarded, but man is she purty. I wonder who's gonna bag her? If this episode is any indication, SOMEONE is going to, be it Vic, Shane, or Dutch. I also think that the 'girly-girl' is going to get her in big trouble.

And so many references to early episodes! We haven't seen the Strike Team calling card since early Season 2, and Claudette's line - "That's how murderers go free" - was something she said to Julien waaay back in 'Our Gang' from season 1. Looks like they really are going to take things full circle for the alst season.

It seems to me that Mackey is perhaps slipping up - twice this episode, I saw Vic do things that seemed sloppy. First in the convenience store, when he shoved the gun in the guy's face - we were clearly shown that the place had security cameras. Also, Vic left the Strike Team calling card on the blonde-afro black guy, which seems odd to me, because they BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, which implies to me that they were definitely NOT on the clock.

Kavanaugh is NO JOKE, and neither is Forest Whittaker, as the excellent actor that he is, portraying this character. This guy is slowly, but cunningly, and on the D/L, workin' it, in his quest to bring Mackey down. The brother has started to lay the groundwork - "brick by brick", so to speak... I think Kavanaugh IS most likely to be the one that can go toe-to-toe with Mackey.

And how about the humor? First the mexican kid trying to escape on the mini-motorcylce, then his big-ole mom running up all huffin' and puffin' and sweaty, then finally him yaking all over Billings! And the "Gilroy's Liver" entry on the Danny's Baby Daddy poster! I'm not used to laughing so much while watching that show!!!

Anyway, GREAT episode!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really couldn't have said it better.

100% ditto on everything.

And about the gum, too... that is fascinating.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AMEN! just another episode that reassures my love for the program. it doesnt get much better than this!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OOOO! Here's a goodie courtesy of Ask Ausiello in the TV Guide

"Question: Danny is pregnant on The Shield? Who's the daddy? ? Jay

Ausiello: I'll give you a hint: His name has six letters in it, two of which are vowels."

I've done some thinking and come up with a few names:

Antwon
    Mackey
    Taylor (the fence from last season with the stollen chair)
    Curtis ("Lemonhead" Lemanski's actual first name)
    Scooby (although I think he was killed more then 6 months prior to this season)
    Gilroy (he's dead, but it fits the clue) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Is there anyone that I'm missing?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A question: What grounds did Kavanaugh have to arrest Lem on exactly? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dajistein:
    A question: What grounds did Kavanaugh have to arrest Lem on exactly? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He didn't arrest him, but rather detained him. As for grounds, they do have the heroin they found in his glove box. Kavanaugh read off the possible charges Lem is facing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems like I remember them bringing Lem out from his house in cuffs. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my guess is its Mackeys kid, although Dutch would be my second guess.

and yeah, the drug thing is what they have on Curtis to get him to spill on Mackey. I only hope he doesnt, but I think he will.

also, I hope when this all ends, it doesnt end all bad for those on the strike team. all in all, they were good for cleaning up some big problems and I've always been on their side of things