Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's the night Shield fans!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="6">Holy fuggin hell!</font>

That's all I have to say, now I gotta go to bed...... [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well thats not how it akll went down.

this episode was all fucked up.
    just makes ya go WHOA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SPOILERS

<font color="000000">Lem dies.....that fuck shane kills him....they had lem set up in mexico right nice, but lem was gettin antsy,and didnt wanna go...vic an ronnie had a tail, since lem missed processing kav had all of his powers restored.. lem was gonna turn himself in an admit to robbing the money train alone...assavada is still an ass..he tried to get the boys to think that lem had narked..so they would lead him to him...at the end when lems body is found everyone is there..and vic is pissed.. kav runs his mouth...asks vic if he is happy now.. so vic charges him..they roll around a bit then it is broken up. it ends with the strike team walkin away an vic vowing to kill whoever killed lem....</font>

OTHER SPOILERS OF THE EPISODE:

<font color="00000">billings is a dick head, he is partnered up with dutch.. and as whiney as dutch used to be, billings is worse, throw in the fact that he used to be acting captrain. dutch gets a look into pimpology from a pimp/suspect so he gets on his od complex again and starts laying down some pimpology on tina..hopefullyshe sees thru the horseshit.....billings owns the vending machines.....kav hits on corrine..and she tells him to get out.. he tries to pull a vic with the ex thing.danny's baby is white, so that may or may not be inclusive.. they are leading you to think its vic....in the preview it showed jullian kissing her and driving her to the hospital to give birth..this episode shows none of that, in this episode she has allready delivered and is in the hospital.</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, I've gotten sleep.

What a phenominal ending to a far too short season.

I guess it was obvious that Julian isn't Danny's Baby Daddy (or they poorly cast the kid) and from the way the scene played out Vic THINKS he's the father, which I still don't think he is.

The Dutch-Billings combo is hysterical, and I just love Billings rationale for not doing anything... I only have 56 months before I retire (HA! That's 5 years you fukking dolt!)

The second half of the season / next season should be pretty sweet. According to some insiders it's not looking like this is the end of the show, but it's still officially up in the air. Forrest Whittaker has signed on to be in 2-3 episodes next season (I just hate calling it next season) and so has Anthony Anderson, so I'm guessing there will be some Shane pressuring going on (that would only make sense since they've been harping on the scene between Antwon and Kav where Antwon holds up the pic of Shane and says "step on his throat and he'll cry")

Now for the long wait till January 2007
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by macabeee:
    Now for the long wait till January 2007
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At least we can get our fix through syndication on Spike TV now. [img]wink.gif[/img]

As for last night's episode: Shane's actions were pretty much telegraphed throughout the scene, however his method was a shocker. Once he said "..another mouth to feed.." I knew what was coming.

I really liked the scene at the end with the two bulls of the show charging each other, even if they did fight like two bitches, lol.

And Assevada just added more to me wanting to see him get his.

After Dutch's version of pimpology to Tina, I'm wandering if we're going to see the cat-strangling version of Dutch re-emerge next season.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suspected that Shane was going to kill Lem.

Then I said to myself, "No way..."

Then... HOLY SHIT!

Just... wow... [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See, I read the spoiler that I posted yesterday about the finale so I was thinking that Ronnie was the one that was going to die, so when Shane did what he did I was TOTALLY shocked.

I think whomever it was that posted the spoiler for the finale DID see the episode before it aired but purposly posted a false spoiler (rat bastard!). There were so many things in the spoiler that were correct (most specific example of something that was in the spoiler that could not have been guessed by the preview: David Reese Snell said "Previously on the Shield" on the opening montage which is normally said by Mike Chiklis)

Had I gone into the show not having read that spoiler I think Lem's demise wouldn't have been so shocking. They were saying that the tagline of the season, "Conscience is a Killer", would reflect in the finale, and since Lem was the conscience of the Strike Team it only made sense that he was the one to go. That and his conversation with Shane, more specifically Shane's side of the conversation basically spelled out that Shane was going to look out for himself at all costs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do you think this means for Shane and what's left of the Strike Team?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's an interview with Shawn Ryan that has some curious bits in it...

From The Ausiello Report on TVGuide.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still reeling from Lem's shocking death at the hands of Shane on Tuesday's explosive mid-season finale of The Shield? Well, you may want to brace yourself for another major loss: the show itself. In the following Q&A, series creator Shawn Ryan reveals why he decided to whack Lem, what other character made their final appearance on Tuesday, and whether Season 5's next 10 episodes ? slated to debut in early 2007 ? will be the cop drama's last.
    Ausiello: First of all, this season has been insanely good. Phenomenal, in fact.
    Shawn Ryan: Thank you very much.

Ausiello: But I have to ask ? why'd you do that to poor Lem?
    Ryan: We just started thinking in terms of the classic tragedy and we came up with this idea. I didn't really commit to it until right before Christmas, because I love Kenny Johnson so much as an actor and as a person, and I didn't want to do it if I felt like it was just for shock value. I felt like we had to earn it, and by the time we got to Christmas, we were like six, seven episodes in and I felt like we were earning it, that the episodes were coming out well. I felt like we could get there.

Ausiello: How did Kenny take the news?
    Ryan: He took it like a real pro. The guy is rock solid. He was disappointed in the sense that, like most of the actors on our show, he knows that we have a special thing going and he likes being a part of it. He's definitely had an increased role this year, and that was about sort of building up to this moment and he understood that. I talked to him about other TV shows in history and how I thought this was possibly sort of an immortal moment for The Shield and something that he would be associated with ? something that could be special and very long-lasting. So, he got that, but obviously he was disappointed to go. It was an emotional day for all off us when we filmed it.

Ausiello: How so?
    Ryan: You didn't really want the evening to end because you knew when it did that Kenny was going to be done with the show. And we can feel the ending for all of us coming; Kenny was just the first sign. It was sort of impossible to ignore that we're not going to have the show forever. So I felt sad for him and I think all of us have realized that our time on the show may be coming to an end.

Ausiello: Have you made a decision about whether the next 10 episodes will be the last?
    Ryan: No. Probably in the next couple of months. We're starting to write the first scripts and then probably in a couple of months we'll make a decision one way or the other.

Ausiello: Might the success of The Unit be a factor in your decision? (Ryan is an exec producer on The Unit.)
    Ryan: No, it has nothing to do with it, really. I think if [The Unit] were to come back, we wouldn't start filming until the middle of July, which is right when we'd be finishing these 10 episodes of The Shield. So they wouldn't really conflict that much. Certainly, there's no scenario in which I'm going to have to pick one. I have the right and the ability with the companies that I work for to do both.

Ausiello: Are you leaning in a direction?
    Ryan: You always end a season really exhausted, and when you do it's sort of harder?. I'm really proud of these 11 episodes that we did and I do think they were among the best that we've ever done. I worry about whether we can make more episodes of that quality. The fact that I'm sort of overworked and sick right now makes me lean toward ending it, but in a week or so I may be on the other side of the spectrum.

Ausiello: Would you consider bringing some Shield folks over to The Unit?
    Ryan: Maybe. Obviously, there's a whole group of actors over here that I love. I don't know if I'd bring characters over, but maybe I would bring actors over.

Ausiello: Is January still the expected return date?
    Ryan: It's possible that they could air in the 2006 calendar year, but I think the most likely scenario is that we will come back in January.

Ausiello: When do you go back into production?
    Ryan: April 10.

Ausiello: You told me last month that there would be two departures in the finale. Who was the other one?
    Ryan: Becca (Laura Harring), the lawyer. I think that's the last we'll see of her.

Ausiello: Will Forest Whitaker be back?
    Ryan: He's going to come back and do some episodes in the final 10, yeah.

Ausiello: How many?
    Ryan: At least two and possibly more.

Ausiello: And Anthony Anderson?
    Ryan: I don't know yet. I'd love to [have him back], it just depends on whether we have a story for him.

Ausiello: And what about Glenn Close?
    Ryan: Her daughter will be finishing high school this year, so maybe she'll free up for a week or two.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what a great end for the season! I had the feeling from the beginning Shane was planning to off Lem. and when he met up with him alone, I knew it was going to go down. I didnt expect the grenade though.

loved the fighting between Kav and Vic although I'd have liked to see Kav just get a major wuppin'.

guess the teams off the hook and the pressure is going to be a Shane.

well, glad to see it looks like more The Shield to come in the future. we'll have to resurect this post next season!

and for those that would like to see this show from the beginning, watch Spike tv, its showing there now