Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thnx, those look good enough. but what is tha funky ball on top?

-megalithanod

Sometimes a funky ball is just a funky ball.

I was only able to deduce two uses for it.

1) To grab the attention of people walking by as they see the funky bubble. Which worked for me as I wasn't aware of them releasing this item and if I hadn't noticed the funky bubble I wouldn't have picked this one up.

2) Aide in carrying said item, which it did help me as it was far easier to grip the funky bubble than it was to try and hang on to a tube.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...well, Mega, I hope you didn't throw the bubble out yet.

Went ahead and bought a set today, as Target marked them down to $9 even for their after-Thanksgiving 2-day sale. Now, the instructions seem to indicate that the third figure could be any one of three: Valtheran, previously available with the Dooms Gate playset; Warfang, who came with the Dark Portal playset; or Kronoguild, the as-yet unseen single-pack repaint of Paladar/Valtheran. Mega and I both seem to have gotten Kronoguild, which is just fine by me, as buying this set already gives me a double (Drachnid).

None of them comes with a metal card, and thus no "stands". ...or are there?

Now, the mystery of the bubble: upon inspection, there is a twisty running from the top of the bubble to the underside. Remove it, and give the bubble a twist at its center seam, seperating the halves. A hearty yank should free that chrome disk, which is a very cheap grade of metal. Yep, its a stand. I believe its really intended to provide a base for the magnetic building sets (the "bubbles" in the metal are a size match to the metal marbles that are used as joints in those sets), but it will allow one MagWarrior to stand on it easily, two if they are good friends.

Overall, a pretty good set, but only because I got Kronoguild. It leaves me in search of only 2 of the orginal mold repaints, which is cool. And the spare Drachnid can sit on my desk at work. Still would not have paid $14.99, but at $9.00, in light of the price hike for single figures, its a steal--even without shoulderpads.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I picked up Capn One-Eye Jack last week. Finally got around to opening him to take a pic

[img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6lQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKx gXPJQ%3F87KR6xqpxQQQ0xQoJxQ0exQQQ0QoJQ0eenaqpfVtB% 3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJQ%7CRup6aQQ%7C/of=50,332,442[/img]

I picked up the robot and dragon guy for xmas presents so i cant open them ...yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...ah, Roseart's "leftovers", presumably designed and put into production prior to MegaBloks taking them over. I am...not fond.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't mind the rehashed Roseart mags if they did more of a "classic" robot design which would lend itself to those big steel ball joints.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been checking thses out at WalMart lately...
    there's a whole bunch of other ones I'd like to snag, but $$ is too tight right now.
    not like I have anywhere to display the damn things anyways. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-megalithanod

Originally posted by Dark Angel Demands Blood:
    ...well, Mega, I hope you didn't throw the bubble out yet.

Went ahead and bought a set today, as Target marked them down to $9 even for their after-Thanksgiving 2-day sale. Now, the instructions seem to indicate that the third figure could be any one of three: Valtheran, previously available with the Dooms Gate playset; Warfang, who came with the Dark Portal playset; or Kronoguild, the as-yet unseen single-pack repaint of Paladar/Valtheran. Mega and I both seem to have gotten Kronoguild, which is just fine by me, as buying this set already gives me a double (Drachnid).

None of them comes with a metal card, and thus no "stands". ...or are there?

Now, the mystery of the bubble: upon inspection, there is a twisty running from the top of the bubble to the underside. Remove it, and give the bubble a twist at its center seam, seperating the halves. A hearty yank should free that chrome disk, which is a very cheap grade of metal. Yep, its a stand. I believe its really intended to provide a base for the magnetic building sets (the "bubbles" in the metal are a size match to the metal marbles that are used as joints in those sets), but it will allow one MagWarrior to stand on it easily, two if they are good friends.

Overall, a pretty good set, but only because I got Kronoguild. It leaves me in search of only 2 of the orginal mold repaints, which is cool. And the spare Drachnid can sit on my desk at work. Still would not have paid $14.99, but at $9.00, in light of the price hike for single figures, its a steal--even without shoulderpads.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SO you mean they are doing blind boxing on the pack in figure? Well that sucks! The insturctions that came with mine doesn't have any reference to any other figures than the Crimson and Drachnid that we knew were included.

I really am not impressed with the gate sets, and it would be cool to get those repaints through these sets, but not if I have to keep buying them until I "luck out"

And thanks for the heads up on the bubble. I havne't thrown it out yet, so I am in luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend the Gates sets. They make nice backdrops for the figures, but at the retail price of $20 or more, they are just a rip. I picked mine both up on clearance, one at $12 and the other at $15. At the $12 point, they are reasonable, the $15 is kinda stretching things...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123