Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Not a sports fan myself - but it looks pretty cool. [img]cool.gif[/img]

other hockeyrink photo 01 dl

<font size="3">COLLECTOR'S CLUB EXCLUSIVE HOCKEY RINK PHOTOS</font>
    <font color="red"><font size="2">Long-awaited Exclusive Will Be Home for the Holidays </font></font>
    <font size="1">November 10, 2006 - Copyright 2006 TMP International, Inc.</font>

One of the most anticipated products in the history of McFarlane Toys becomes available this December. We've been working on our hockey rink display for almost two years, and it's finally being made available through the McFarlane Toys Collector's Club on Dec. 4. The rink captures the area including both face-off circles and all the way back to the end boards behind the goal (including all boards and glass).

The rink itself measures 45 inches wide by 33 inches deep. There are 12 interlocking pieces of the ice base, which hold nearly 200 peg holes for the positioning of our Sports Picks figures.

It took us about 35 minutes to set up the rink -- not counting the application of the board advertisements. The ads along the boards are stickers, so collectors can choose to apply them or leave them off. Vintage rinks didn't have ads on the boards, so we chose to let the collectors decide for themselves how they wanted their rink to look.

The rink comes in a rectangular box 18 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and six inches tall -- weighing approximately 10 pounds. The rink will debut as a Collector's Club Exclusive with a cost of $60. If demand for the rink is high, we will certainly consider restocking the item, much like we refresh our stock of the NBA backboard when supplies run low.

Our collectors have been very patient with us as we got the rink perfected. At long last, it's time for them to enjoy the photography.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More pics here.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 13, 2006 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Drau ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's another pic that really shows off the scale.

hockey rink photo 05 dl

"Pay no attention to the man behind the glass... The Great and powerful TODD has...spoken..."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

here's to hoping i can get a Hockeytown center ice. i'll buy a whole damn rink if they make one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool as all hell but to damn big! I have no place to put that!

-megalithanod

Now if they did a full Sapwn Alley, I'd be all over that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Biohazard:
    here's to hoping i can get a Hockeytown center ice. i'll buy a whole damn rink if they make one.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A full rink would be just over 9 feet long in that scale... if you buy FOUR sets you could make your own full rink (You might have to get a few extra sections of walls) Of course, then it's four feet by nine feet and cost you $240 plus shipping...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Andyman:
    Cool as all hell but to damn big! I have no place to put that!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah that thing is friggn' awesome. But you could use it as an extra guest room. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That thing begs to be turned into the hockey version of "Electronic Football" Ya know the ol game where you plug in the field and all the players shake and move in all directions except the way their supposed to go...

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 13, 2006 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Drau ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That looks cool as hell, too bad I HATE hockey. [img]frown.gif[/img]