Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-megalithanod

Well, here we go again....

I only like a couple of the figures in this line (Character based only so far as I reserve judgement until I actually see the look of the figures closer to release).

I could do well without Jean Grey, Juggernaut, Ultimate Wolverine, Xorn or the Thor. I would like to pick up QuickSilver, Yellow Jacket and She Hulk for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants/Avengers setups I have planned.

The killer of it all is I want the Blob. [img]frown.gif[/img] That means there are 8 figures there I will have to get, 5 of which I could care less about. Atleast with the Giant-Man series where I was in the same boat, atleast the only one I could have cared less about was the Sentry figure. The others I could find places for an put them into display sets, but I don't so Unltimates (although I did pick up the Iron Man figure), I have no reference for Xorn, the wo movie figures are out of place if you don't get all of them, and the Thor might look goo across from Thor Buster Iron Man, if I hadn't just planned to put that armor into an arsonal display.....

Sucks, but that is life.......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they suck, but then we all knew they would suck

-megalithanod

Yeah - I am waiting to see how the Hasbro lines look in person with the first series as the only one I really want is the Banshee.......

But if they don't meet the same level of os "looks" as the Toybiz, which isn't the best by any means, I think it is a good time to jump ship with them [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it's the icons i'm really worried about. the Doom Icon just looked simply amazing and i fear to see what Hasbro will do to it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

All I can say is that even though I've never bought a ML figure I've always pondered picking up a few (and sometimes the sets just for the large figure) but this series blows horribly... did they fire all their previous sculptors? Has ML run out of decent characters? The only one I like in this line is Juggernaught.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -megalithanod:
    [QB]I have no reference for Xorn [QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Xorn originated in Grant Morrison's run of the X-Men (New X-Men #114-#154 plus the 2001 Annual).

I've never been an 'X' fan, but have always loved Morrison so I picked these up & really liked them-
    & I've wanted a Xorn figure since then-

There was one other very cool character (I believe) first showed up in this run........
    but I forget his name [img]redface.gif[/img]

Might pick up the Thor from this line-
    *I really hate the big ball hips on most MLs*
    One of my all time favorite characters that I still have no figures of~

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 08, 2006 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Street Worm ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did ever notice that Yellowjacket has some serious side blinders? An obvious example of function following design on that costume there. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Spore:
    Has ML run out of decent characters? The only one I like in this line is Juggernaught.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heh, contridictory statements, you question their lack of good characters and yet you support that god awful piece of shit movie juggernaut [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't mind BAF when they were nice BIG excellent constructions, like the Sentinel, and Galactus.

Now that they are almosyt nothing more then a deluxe figure, I'm not so thrilled with them at all.

Mojo could have been larger, and better detailed, and Onslaught REALLY needed some design fixes, so he could at least stand.

Blob? a BAF? I don't think so. He shoul;d have been a regualr figure, and something large like Fing Fang Foom, or some other large assembled figure should have been done.

If the figures look like th eprototypes thay are showing, I think I'm most;y done with ML figs.

I just *REALLY hope they don't screw up the Icons line, because that's what I've really wanted for many may years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast