Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

with you 100% Gareee, it's pure bullshit to make a BaF thats the same size as the regular figures, even more so when you factor in the loss of the comic, the shrinking of the packages, the loss of many accesories AND the increase in price

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually to me, loosing paint ops, and increasing the price spells death knell to me.

I wonder if Wal-Mart will have something to say about that though? I think the reason they dropped McFarlane figures the last few months, is the price increases on them.

If WM drops ML figures, we can probably say goodbye to the line after a wave or two.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

eh, if hasbro keeps on decreasing the quality the line will be dead in a series or 2 anyway

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep. I can't imagine what they are thinking. The line has always been considered for the collector base, and I can;t imagine them looking at some of their new prototypes, and thinking they look great next to some of the best o the ML line, like Green Goblin, or say Mr. Sinister.

I noticed in the prototypes that the bank ankle seems to have been dropped, and in some cases, even the rotating waist!

Why bother to even call them Marvel Legends, and then drop the things that made the series what it as?

I also don't buy he "plastic costs more because oil prices have increased" BS. I don' see price increases on say, Walmart's El Cheapo toys, and the price of oil has dropped more then 30% in the last 3 months time, yet when it was high, it didn't really affect the bigger 18" figure lines, or the Balrog.

While there were truly some great ML figures, there are also some real dogs, like most of the female figures (whassup with their arms?), garbage like Ultron, and Scarlet Whitch (who I never saw in either the original or fixed version.)

The new X-men line has far surpassed ML's sculpting, IMHO, and I haven't seen a female ML figure that can match the 2st series Movie FF Invisible Girl.

Gimme the Icons, which are 500% larger, for only 50% more money, or the Rotocast 12" figures for only a buck or so more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty leniant when it comes to criticizing toys. I've enjoyed the ML line as a whole and even liked many that most didn't.
    From the look of it Hasbro has changed the look of the figures. They don't look like they'll fit in with what Toybiz has put out. If the product that hangs on the pegs looks like these photos I am done with MLs.
    I read that Marvel Select will be inscale with the ML line and if that is so then I can live with those.

-megalithanod

Originally posted by JacktheRipper:
    I read that Marvel Select will be inscale with the ML line and if that is so then I can live with those.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So far the only one that I am aware of in scale with ML from ToyBiz is the Brood/Skrull 2 pack where they salvaged the figures from the packins they discarded. Not sure if it is a trend that will continue, and I would think only if they continued the pack in resurrections

44lvm01

Also a shame the figures in that pic aren't ever going to be seen in that photoshop glory [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 09, 2006 11:56 PM: Message edited by: -megalithanod ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw the presentation for these figs at Comic-Con. They suck.

-megalithanod

Well, sounds like a good point for me to drop it and be happy with the Diamond Comics Marvel Icons busts I have started [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think the Blob would be the only figure I would regret missing is any at all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That fucking Jean figure is the one that gets me. That thing is gawd aweful. The variant is even worse. Why is she sad? Did her mascara run? I know Toybiz had their problems with the female figures and it appears Hasbro can't do any better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...Phoenix? Mmmm...no. That's David Duchovny in a red wig. I didn't watch the cut scenes on my X3 DVD very closely, I'm sure it must have been in there... [img]eek.gif[/img]

Thor is...unfortunate. But I have painting skills, and can therefore make him better. I am nevertheless concerned...Icons Thor is Hasbro's first series release. His pic, as seen online (check entertainment earth) is pretty clearly either heavily photoshopped or computer generated (Hasbro has used computer generated "proto" pics in the past for Transformers and Xevoz figures). I shudder to think what he actually is going to look like...

Seems they will be raising the price of Icons to the $20 range or more, too, btw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast