Thread: If you've been stopped by the police within the last few years or so...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

... I'd appreciate it you'd take the time to fill out this little questionairre. Try to remember some of these small details. [img]wink.gif[/img]

1. Were you driving?

2. What was the alledged offense?

3. What was the officer's demeanor? Was he or she courteous?

4. What was your demeanor (perhaps in response to his/her demeanor)?

5. Did you receive a ticket/summons?

6. What department was the officer from? (State, town, county, city, etc)

7. If you were summoned, did you attend court for the offense? What was it classified as?

8. If the offense was speeding, how far were you over the limit? How did the officer clock you (RADAR, LIDAR, pacing, etc)?

9. Once pulled over, did another unit appear to assist/accompany the officer that stopped you?

10. On what kind of road were you stopped and where did you pull over? Did it take you more than 30-60 seconds to pull off?

11. Depending on the offense, did you expect a ticket, regardless of whether you received one or not?

12. Did you automatically assume the officer was going to be the "stereotypical cop"?

13. Did the officer employ his/her siren as well as the blue lights when stopping you?

14. How did you first encounter the officer that stopped you? Was he/she sitting stationary off the road? Did you pass them while traveling in opposite lanes?

15. Was the officer's car marked?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll play....

1. Were you driving? Yep

2. What was the alledged offense? Speeding

3. What was the officer's demeanor? Was he or she courteous? Sure, courteous enough.

4. What was your demeanor (perhaps in response to his/her demeanor)? Indifferent. I had in's at the dept and new whatever ticket he gave me wasn't going to stick

5. Did you receive a ticket/summons? Yep

6. What department was the officer from? (State, town, county, city, etc) City

7. If you were summoned, did you attend court for the offense? What was it classified as? Went to court voluntarily so the charge could be dropped (refer back to the in at the dept)

8. If the offense was speeding, how far were you over the limit? How did the officer clock you (RADAR, LIDAR, pacing, etc)? Radar'd 50 in a 35

9. Once pulled over, did another unit appear to assist/accompany the officer that stopped you? Nope

10. On what kind of road were you stopped and where did you pull over? Did it take you more than 30-60 seconds to pull off? 3 lane road (lane in each direction and a turn lane), pulled off onto the shoulder as soon as the lights came on

11. Depending on the offense, did you expect a ticket, regardless of whether you received one or not? Yep

12. Did you automatically assume the officer was going to be the "stereotypical cop"? No, I initially hoped that it was one of the many officers on the dept that I know. When it wasn't is when I switched into indifferent mode

13. Did the officer employ his/her siren as well as the blue lights when stopping you? I don't think so, he just put the cherries on and I pulled over.

14. How did you first encounter the officer that stopped you? Was he/she sitting stationary off the road? Did you pass them while traveling in opposite lanes? He was sitting staionary watching for dorks like me cruising down the street too fast. The street is notorious for speeders.

15. Was the officer's car marked? On one side....the side that wasn't facing the way that I was heading

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Mac.

These results are interesting to me...

At least this had a good reception over at the white board.