Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

How can there be just one word, "nigger" that is unacceptable to speak unless you are of the black race in the entire English language?

Makes absolutely no sense to me, and from this point on I'm using nigger just like people would use Redneck, Nazi, Jew, Kike, Slant-Eye, Gook, etc.

By the way, I guess since I am 1/4 black(although I look completely white) it is allowed by me. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ December 07, 2006 03:13 PM: Message edited by: SlappyMcNasty ]</font></font>

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 08, 2006 07:28 AM: Message edited by: SlappyMcNasty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Kite?

Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come and see South Africa, where only the Asians and Europeans are not allowed to use racist remarks and terms even in humour. [img]confused.gif[/img] I dunno... ???

But yes, what you mean by Kite?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't get it either. I just never liked it as a word because of how hick it sounds, it doesn't much matter to me what offensive value it apparently holds. And the real irony with me and hick words is how I grew up - the one neighbor had a series of black cats (not pets, but mice catching guardians, mind you) always named Nigger. It's funny to think back on, how he would hobble out of his two-room shack with some milk, calling, "here Nigger, Nigger, Nigger." No, I'm not making this up to be a prick bigot, it's just the region I was raised in was full of simple-minded folks like him.

Now, the buzzword getting the most of my ire lately is "diva." Oh, to steal the life force of the wordsmith that cooked that one up. [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again with the baiting, Slappy? You are becoming a master baiter. [img]wink.gif[/img] However, this time I'll bite.

In my opinion there are two reasons.

This word, if uttered by the right person who is usually white, has the power to dredge up years of abuse, enslavement and outright discrimination of a race of people who were minding there own business on their own continent until "progress" sailed upon their shores. Like any other derogatory word, I don't think it should be used even by African Americans until time has finally healed that wound which will apparently take a very long while.

Secondly, the word has a very "guttural" sound to it which enhances it's negative stature. You can't say it without implying hate.

Bonus point: Thirdly, why would say anything just to get your ass beaten? Make love, not war. Peace!

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 07, 2006 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by That Chet Guy:
    Kite?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it's "kike", isn't it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, meant "Kike"....anti-semitic/derrogatory word to describe Jewish people

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by Andyman:
    Again with the baiting, Slappy? You are becoming a master baiter. [img]wink.gif[/img] However, this time I'll bite....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seriously not trying to "bait" anyone, just with this Michael Richards, and now Andy Dick stuff it amazes me that one single solitary word is "off limits" & no others are.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 07, 2006 03:12 PM: Message edited by: SlappyMcNasty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    just with this Michael Richards, and now Andy Dick stuff it amazes me that one single solitary word is "off limits" & no others are.

AGREED!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Keep in mind that Richards did use the word in a derogatory way when he was under stress from hecklers. How quick would you resort to it in the same situation? Other colorful metaphors come to my mind but I don't think "nigger" would be a part of my repertoire. I think that reveals a bit about Richards.

Andy Dick was trying to make a bad joke out of it. Can you ban poor taste?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast