Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea i feel bad about the dogs but the first one was literally trying to eat my cats and no matter what we did she only got worse and the one we just got rid of well you couldn't keep him in the yard or the house, we figured he would be better suited for someone else. i told my husband i had every intention of getting another one like we just got rid of one day but between those 2 dogs it broke us of a lot of things.
    and with the declawing thing... i have 1 outside like that and NOTHING messes with her and she does just fine, it's pretty much the same logic as getting your dogs tails and ears done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Leegeta:
    I'll start with issue 1, the cats claws: This is just my opinion since i really do love animals, if you feel the need to declaw the cat, then i'm sorry, get rid of it. I think it is the cruliest thing to do to an animal, you are taking their means of survival, cats need their claws. Would a human like to have someone rip out their nails? and not even have them knocked out? it's just really messed up to me and if you think to do that, i rather see the cat go. If you are going to have ANY animals, you have to except some destroyed funiture, sometimes cuts on your body, nothing will be perfect, it's what you get for having a pet.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cruel? Only in a human's mind. You're just projecting human emotions and feelings onto a creature that lives in 15 minute time frames. Cocoa's declawing was done as humanely as possible. Did it hurt? Probably. So does getting spayed. Is she psychologically scarred? No. If it's outside her 15 minute time frame, it doesn't exist. Cocoa is an INDOOR cat. The only thing she needs to defend herself against is her own "smacky"...a faux mink stoll from my daughter's old Barbie collection.

Leegeta, I'm guessing that with 10 cats that you let them go outside. Do you love the birds these ever efficient hunters harvest every year? They're animals too. What about the mice and the moles? Aren't pests considered animals too? Outdoor and feral cats reek havoc on the local wildlife. Did you know that cats are one of the few animals that hunt just for sport? I'm willing to bet that if your cats go outdoors, they've presented you with a few hunting trophies.

I love cats, but I think letting them roam freely outside is totally irresponsible. My neighbor's cat is constantly trying to get into my house. He thinks he lives there. Another neighbor's cat gets into our garage and ransacks our garbage and craps in our flower beds.

On a final note...do you have any idea how well claws can help defend an "outdoor" cat against an oncoming car? Shall we redefine "cruel" now?

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 08, 2006 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my 3 outside do roam a little but the only yard they go in is the guy next door who owns our house and that's only because their kids play with them. or they might be out in the woods right at our house. they aren't the typical bad cats. they've all been fixed and are good cats. now this kitten we have now.. let me tell you the story... my husband was on his way home from having lunch with me and he was right by our airport which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and the people infront of him were swerving and slamming on breaks and when he finally saw what was going on it was a tiny little grey kitten running back and forth across the highway, he stopped and picked him up and now he's living in our home. he got scared and crawled up in my husbands dash of his car and he had to go to the delear to get him out. the kittens name is dash. all of our animals, which we have 2 dogs and 4 cats are very well taken care of and spoiled ass rotten. no claws, clipped tails and ears and all.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 08, 2006 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Mortitia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Dash"...I love it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How many litter boxes do you have? It's gotta be a full time job just cleaning them!

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 08, 2006 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 3 litter box...

You know, you would think i feed my cats elephants or something with the amount of shit i have to clean out of a the litter lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

10 CATS!? WOW! I have two cats and two litter boxes that always fill up fast which sucks. I cant imagine cleaning up after so many cats.

I do however have 5 dogs, fish, snake, and a turantula also, so I guess I'm over done on p

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chaser, i live in a Zoo, i've had every animal imaginable. I even had a Piegon at one point! but i didn't keep it for very long, i found it badly hurt by my Pathmark and i couldn't see the poor thing suffering on the street. It had a broken wing, i brought to the docs and i kept it until it was back to full health and let that little cutie free. All of my animals that i have had were strays, both cats and dogs. I've been very lucky to find a lot of extremely healthy animals, there has been 3 incidents were i had to put a cat to sleep because it had Feline diesase (it's Luekemia, very catching and cats don't live a very long time having this, if they catch a little cold, it's over for them) I don't keep every animal that i find, if i did, there wouldn't be any room in this house lol

I've found a lot of good homes for these animals and i'm extremely proud of that.

If i had to have one wish granted to me, i wish to stop animal suffering and to have all of those who torture animals terribly, to suffer a slow and painful death.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Leegeta:
    I'll start with issue 1, the cats claws: This is just my opinion since i really do love animals, if you feel the need to declaw the cat, then i'm sorry, get rid of it. I think it is the cruliest thing to do to an animal, you are taking their means of survival, cats need their claws. Would a human like to have someone rip out their nails? and not even have them knocked out? it's just really messed up to me and if you think to do that, i rather see the cat go. If you are going to have ANY animals, you have to except some destroyed funiture, sometimes cuts on your body, nothing will be perfect, it's what you get for having a pet.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cruel? Only in a human's mind. You're just projecting human emotions and feelings onto a creature that lives in 15 minute time frames. Cocoa's declawing was done as humanely as possible. Did it hurt? Probably. So does getting spayed. Is she psychologically scarred? No. If it's outside her 15 minute time frame, it doesn't exist. Cocoa is an INDOOR cat. The only thing she needs to defend herself against is her own "smacky"...a faux mink stoll from my daughter's old Barbie collection.

Leegeta, I'm guessing that with 10 cats that you let them go outside. Do you love the birds these ever efficient hunters harvest every year? They're animals too. What about the mice and the moles? Aren't pests considered animals too? Outdoor and feral cats reek havoc on the local wildlife. Did you know that cats are one of the few animals that hunt just for sport? I'm willing to bet that if your cats go outdoors, they've presented you with a few hunting trophies.

I love cats, but I think letting them roam freely outside is totally irresponsible. My neighbor's cat is constantly trying to get into my house. He thinks he lives there. Another neighbor's cat gets into our garage and ransacks our garbage and craps in our flower beds.

On a final note...do you have any idea how well claws can help defend an "outdoor" cat against an oncoming car? Shall we redefine "cruel" now?

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ December 08, 2006 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All 10 cats are INDOORS, i would never let my cats be indoors and outdoors. Just for the sheer fact that people can be cruel and run cats over with their cars. My cats have no reason to be outside, they are plenty spoiled in the house.

As far as declawing goes, i'm not bashing people to hell that get their cats declawed, i know they have their reasons wither there is a baby on the way or for whatever purposes but ME personally, i wouldn't do it. And plus, i have no reason too, there are no babies, all the cats get along with each other, the claws stay. I know plently of people that have their cats declawed and i totally understand why people do it, but i just think it's a tad bit mean, but it's the same thing with anything else, i think it's mean to leave a bird cooped up in a cage all day or a dog chained up outside all day and never let in the house, but everyone had their opinions.

I'm just happy to hear Andy that you didn't declaw your cat because you have "leather" furniture or whatever expensive material, at least it's more on the line for safety rather then destroying furniture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chosen One:

Leegeta, I have to ask, you live on your own? Curious to know how you handle 10 cats? You don't by any chance also were a tight black leather outfit with a mask, and prowl the museams for gems at night. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I live at home with the family but i'm pretty much with the cats ALL the time (besides work) It actually isn't that difficult to take care of 10 cats, cats are very relaxed creatures and don't do as much as a dog does. My cats are lazy, they eat, sleep, and shit, and play sometimes lol They have the run of the house, we even had an Andersen window installed so ALL the cats can look outside the window together or lay down and bask in the sun (cats love the sun!)

The only time it gets difficult is feeding time, as soon as they hear those cans opening, they are all right underneath my feet lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123