Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at a SuperWalmart in the long hours for the Walmart Wii relaunch day line overnight, and the store manager came out at 7:30, and told us this:

"We only got 28 units in, so we're going to do a headcount, so you people don't have to wait and be disappointed. Be glad you guys waited in line. If you don't make the line this morning, please do not call us daily asking if we have gotten more in, Nintendo has told the Walmart chain that this will be our last supply of systems until after Christmas. Thanks you for your patience."

We called local stores (Western North Carolina) and it sounds like regular walmarts got as few as only 12 systems, and larger superstores got only up to 36 systems.

Longest line was from Monday morning outdoors in 22 degree overnight temperatures, to buy on Wed.s at 8am (A storewide marketing decision.)

Games were plentiful (probably because systems availability is limited), but no composite cables of additional controllers were available.

I'd guesstimate about 10% of the people in line were there just to resell them on ebay, which will probably become a bloodbath once people realize availability is now depleted.

The widfe showed up after she got off work, so we ended up scoreing 2 Wii systems.. one for he, and one for evlbay.

I wasn't going to grab an evilbay one, but when I heqrd they are selling for $500-$650, I couldn't pass up financing th enew system with a second one,, so it'll literally be free, as will a few games for it as well.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Not sure if Im a scalper now, or just an oppertunist.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

My prior game consoles were a a SNES and the GC, mostly because of my kids, I only play some RE games with it. Since the Wii is keeping a low profile against xbox 360 and PS3, I think I will hold for a while to invest on a better unit. GC will still release some other titles until Wii picks up....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats, buddy. Just don't throw the controller around too much, there's already a lot of pics of broken TVs and windows... you could just give it to me instead and save yourself some trouble! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

You are hereby banished to Statue Forum. Over there they call it "flipping" and it is all good. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

<font size="1">(of course if you send me a benjamin we can forget the whole thing)</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Flupping, eh? Sounds better at least then scalping.

I just read yesterday the Wii has officially sold out in Japan already, selling 374,000 or so units.

Good thing is, with so few units available, finding the games should be easier for us if we want to pick some up. I already got her Zelda, so with th eicluded games, that should keep her busy for a while.

Inactive Member Evil Temptation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Wii is incredibly awesome and I'm so glad I got one.

I didn't have to wait overnight though, luckily.

A friend of mine works at Best Buy and he informed me they had gotten in a shipment and that they would be going on sale on Sunday morning (11/26/06) so I got their at about 7:45am and waited until 9:00am when they handed out their tickets. They had 42 units, and I was 30th in line. WOOHOO!!

Picked up the system, Zelda, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, DragonBall Z Budaki Tenkaichi 2, and Need for Speed: Carbon. Was also lucky enough to score a second remote and nunchuck a few days later at Target, and just yesterday picked up RedSteel.

Love it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you like nfs carbon? Do you turn the controller sideways, and use it like a steering wheel?

Inactive Member Evil Temptation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

NFS:C is definately a cool game, but it takes some serious getting used to. Yes, you turn the remote sideways and tilt it up and down to switch directions... pretty cool...