Thread: So I made this big scene at the RCA Dome....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sorta made a scene at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis this weekend... I didn't think I did anything wrong, but my wife was mortified.

Our Highschool team had just lost in the state finals for 4A and we were trying to file out to make room for the people filing in for the 5A game coming up next.

Anyone who's been to an NFL stadium can tell you that the entryways are fairly large... unless the people coming in are coming in 6 or 7 across... making it impossible for anyone to get out... leaving everyone in gridlock.

So mobs of people are coming in while the rest of us are jockying for some kind of space to get out... and I see a tiny little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old on the steps... and these two teenage boys trying to go around the outside of the crowd coming in the tunnel.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what could potentially happen next.. so I jump in front of the little girl, and chest bump the two boys back about two feet.

"You're not getting through this way"

"We weren't... we were just..."

"<very irritated> Can't you see this little girl here? Get in line with everyone else, give us a little bit of space to get OUT and then you'll be able to get in."

I worked my way inbetween the crowd and the wall of the tunnel... spread out my arms and backed into the crowd like I was clearing the lane under the basketball hoop.

After 20 or 30 people were able to squeeze out of the small path I made, it cleared the congestion at the top of the steps.

One guy came by and I asked if the little girl was his... he said it was and thanked me because she got so far ahead of him and in the crowd. I told him I just didn't want to see her get hurt.

My wife was mortified that I made such a big scene because she thought I was starting a fight with the boys. (She's a teacher at the school and worried that all these parents and/or staff saw me). I told her I just didn't want to see two impatient little punks trample a tiny girl.

What are your thoughts? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I concur.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that was a very cool thing you did [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As everyone already said, you did the right thing [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The chest butt is the only thing I could see anything "wrong" with it. My thought is that Teachers nowdays have it drilled into them that they can touch a child let alone any physical impact of any kind.

Over all she should be proud of what you did - she'll probably get more positive feedback than negative from any parents that saw the whole thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Wait, ...whose chest did you use?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You did the right thing. If it were me I would have done the same. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]