Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Regarding to the "LOST" signing. The only way to meet Todd Mcfarlane and get something signed is to pre-order a LOST box set? (which i guess counts as a ticket) or could i just show up whenever and show off my magic [img]wink.gif[/img] little confused here since he didn't do the whole ticket crap the last time he was at Time Square

"To get a ticket for this event, customers must pre-order a LOST The Hatch Boxed Set ($33.99) from Personal Shopping on Level Three between 10 am and 7 pm starting Friday, Oct. 27 (while supplies last). LOST The Hatch Boxed Set purchases will be available for pick-up at the event for all ticket holders with a valid receipt."

More info here
    http://www.mcfarlane.com/news/news6.aspx?id=12982

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Leegeta ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're special - just not in that way.

..and you read that correctly...

Please note: Event subject to change or cancellation. There are 200 tickets available for the event, while supplies last. A pre-sale purchase of LOST's "The Hatch" Boxed Set made at Toys 'R' Us Times Square is <u>required</u> to attend the signing event. Signing event participants will only sign LOST figures or "The Hatch" Boxed Set by McFarlane Toys, purchased at Toys 'R' Us Times Square. Due to time constraints, only one item will be autographed and no other memorabilia will be signed. LOST action figures by McFarlane Toys will be on sale the day of the event.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Drau ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gay, no sense of attending the crap then *sigh* Well maybe, but no for lost.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, you read it correctly.

Toys R Us always pulls some moronic and bullshit stunt. Todd has said time and again that he will sign pretty much anything a fan puts in front of him. It's the TRU Gestapo pulling this shit again.

Although, this time things are different since, I'm sure, that Jorge and the producer are on a schedule.

All this does for the idiots at TRU is ensure that 200 box sets are sold at the inflated price of 33.99

I would say to try to get Steve's attention and see what happens, but the gestapo probably won't even let you stand on the line.

....and I have to agree with Ed here, you are definitely "special". [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Nomalas ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i was actually just gonna go for the hell of it on a whim. then i read you needed a ticket, and i was down for that. but you cant order the damn thing over the internet. im not exactly gonna take a couple hour bus ride to pick up a ticket only to go back monday. the whole thing is retarded

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by classic:
    i was actually just gonna go for the hell of it on a whim. then i read you needed a ticket, and i was down for that. but you cant order the damn thing over the internet. im not exactly gonna take a couple hour bus ride to pick up a ticket only to go back monday. the whole thing is retarded
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ohhhh, i thought you could order the boxset through the internet, wtf? that's even more retarded that you can't. TRU really fucked this event up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll pay for the boxed set, as long as you can get it signed and send it to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I'm sure that Todd would sign what ever other body parts you ask him to sign while you're there. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]