Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do we not respect other opinions here?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See, I was going to say, 'just agree to disagree and move on' but it looked stoopid in type.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has nothing to do with a personal problem between us, at least not on my end. I have nothing personal against HC. I don't even know him.

My statements in this thread were not directed soley at him. It just seems to me silly that people are so up in arms over this. If you are so hot over politics, maybe you should make your views known somewhere more productive. Another cliche for ya, talk is cheap.

HC on the other hand is reactionary, but he also likes to start his own share of arguments, and generally ends up going the ways of personal attacks and name calling. This happened not to long ago when he attacked bonedust in a thread.

So, it is NOTHIING personal at all, I am a Mod, and just as with anyone else that was starting a trend of trouble on the board, I would keep an eye on them. This isn't the white board where flame wars are welcome.

And I would just like to say one LAST thing, the title of this thread is an oxymoran, because cleary some can't respect the opinoins of the Mods, or what some of us have to say in this thread.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ March 17, 2005 03:03 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you receive an email entitled "Bedtimes" delete it IMMEDIATELY.
    Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty.
    It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer.
    It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit cards.
    It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR, and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play.
    It will program your phone auto dial to call only 0898 numbers.
    This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank.
    IT WILL CAUSE YOUR TOILET TO FLUSH WHILE YOU ARE SHOWERING.
    It will drink ALL your beer.
    FOR GOD SAKES, ARE YOU LISTENING??
    It will leave dirty underwear on the coffee table when you are expecting company.
    It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine.
    If the "Bedtimes" message is opened in a Windows 95/98 environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub.
    It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.

***WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.***

And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20 seconds, you'll fart so hard that your right leg will spasm and shoot straight out in front of you, sending sparks that will ignite the person nearest you.

Send this warning to everyone!!!

Right now, as you read this, 17 Million people are having SEX!!!

And look at you - you're on the computer!!!!

I thought that with everything in this world to be serious about,
    maybe a good laugh would be nice! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The "personal" attack on Bonedust was a heavily sarcastic joke, which I thought was apparent.

As for other's opinions, I argue against them, and often consider them horribly wrong, but I don't cut off, edit, or in any way manipulate them. That, to me, is free speech.

The problem I have is that often these threads are deleted or locked before people can make their peace.

Few of these arguments ever sink to such a level as your average internet flame war, so I wish they were'nt treated as such.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this why my toaster caught on fire?

-megalithanod

Exclamation

No - your toaster caught fire because you are buying dolls now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -megalithanod:
    No - your toaster caught fire because you are buying dolls now.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...and thought they'd cook breakfast for you (Sculpey).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I personally don't know which is worse, the person doing the baiting or the person who knowingly takes the bait. It takes two sides to start an argument (civil or otherwise). Some of us forget that we all have the power to ignore someone else.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I personally don't know which is worse, the person doing the baiting or the person who knowingly takes the bait. It takes two sides to start an argument (civil or otherwise). Some of us forget that we all have the power to ignore someone else.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BINGO! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TCM: For what it's worth -- not much -- you're absolutely right on this issue. You do what you gotta do ... and someone will always be displeased.

You've got a couple of folks on this board who only exist to poke other people with sticks ... and then explain how they were only kidding and you just need to understand their intellectual needs. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Just helps to understand that this is their only outlet. Exhibiting that sort of behavior in the real world has potential consequences that the Internet doesn't.

I only have one online rule: I'll never type anything I wouldn't say to someone's face. Then again, I'm a grown-ass man ... [img]wink.gif[/img]
    d