Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Do we not respect other opinions here?

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changing the world is not my responsibility. It belongs to the people actually trying.

I've decided my role is to stand on the sidelines criticizing, without trying to make people happy.

That's all it is. It's an attempt to make oneself, or other people, feel better.

My philosophy is simple. Let people do what they want, so long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone else, or their property. Rules are an artificial facility to try and control the uncontrollable.

People will be people, and I find that since nobody can control the situation outright without more and more trouble arising, there's no point in authority.

Being mad at the world is easy. That's not really how I feel. I love conflict. What I hate about the world is that people want to control, to regulate, things that simply happen.

People don't get along, or fight, because the rules tell them to. They do it because it's a natural human quality. There will be friends, enemies, and conflict with or without someone to regulate it all.

I love the company of people. I love entertaining and being entertained, and challenging and being challenged. Which is why i'm so reactionary. It's the essence of the human condition.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ March 18, 2005 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Halitosis Crunch ]</font></font>

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ March 18, 2005 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Halitosis Crunch ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So to sum it all up...you just don't like people telling you what to do? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    So to sum it all up...you just don't like people telling you what to do? [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fluff, its a called a persecution complex (coupled with some seriously infuriating arrogance). The only way to shut it up is to just stop listening. Let's endeavour to do that, shall we?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm... reminds me of my 18 yr old daughter who wants to be able to stay out as late as she wants, do whatever she wants, speak her mind to whomever she pleases...

... but doesn't want to have to work, do chores, get up to an alarm... and thinks I'm a walking talking ATM machine.

Yeah.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell her.....

<font size="8">BWAAAAHAAHAAAHAAAA
    HAAAAHAAHAHAAHAAA....</font>

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ March 18, 2005 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Shamus McBaimun ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nah, I'm just trying to understand someone's perspective, not endorse it.

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm no hippy Baimun. People still have to pull their own weight.