Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, i am so happy i didn't pre-order one, i knew there would be something wrong with the system like always. I also find it funny that they make this "update" 2 days before it's release. $700 bucks well wasted [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

PS# can't play old games

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a good laugh over that as well. Apparently, many titles will actually play - there's just no audio. Perfect. [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

PS3 = 3D0 ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also,
    The company said <u>a day before</u> the Japan launch on Nov. 11 that customers who buy the PlayStation 3 will need to download a software upgrade to be able to play against other online users.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Again, nice job Sony.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Funny....i was right now reading something like that, but also some hands on by yahoo techs:

Going Backwards
    Of course, after the botched attempt at backwards compatibility by Microsoft, one of the first things we did was throw in a few PS2 games (and even Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the PSONE) to make sure everything worked smoothly. To use either a PS2 or PSONE game, we had to create an 'internal memory card' using the memory card utility under the Games option, then assign it either to slot 1 or 2.
    Having done that, most of the games we tried loaded quickly, looking and playing much as you'd expect. There is a problem with screen aspect ratio, though -- the PSOne games and many older PS2 games are fullscreen support only, and the PS3 stretches the picture on widescreen displays, instead of offering an option to place black sidebars.

There are a couple of other tweaks needed when using older games -- until we get a memory card adaptor, there's no easy way to transfer your old saved games. And games like Guitar Hero that use specific peripherals will be out of bounds until a PS2 to USB adaptor is on hand. (Third-party adaptors are available, designed to make PS2 accessories usable on a PC. We'll see if those work soon.) We also noticed that our controller was becoming disconnected when starting PS2 and PSOne games, but pressing the center PS button got it back online once we were in the main menu.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 14, 2006 03:28 PM: Message edited by: MM4 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

One more thing, the motion control will be available after all, but way limited than the one of Wii.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like i told myself, i will pick up a PS3 late next year after all the bugs have worked itself out. It was very tempting to buy one since i had the chance at EB games, but i'm really glad i didn't throw down $600 bucks after reading this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by Leegeta:
    Like i told myself, i will pick up a PS3 late next year after all the bugs have worked itself out. It was very tempting to buy one since i had the chance at EB games, but i'm really glad i didn't throw down $600 bucks after reading this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's play on my 60 bucks GC...I will buy a RE4 pre-played [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Advantage of me being South Africa, we're getting ours mid next year, Pal, and bug free as always. It seems that the US release are always the trail versions for the European machines... [img]wink.gif[/img]

GC, they still have those around? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by Chosen One:
    Advantage of me being South Africa, we're getting ours mid next year, Pal, and bug free as always. It seems that the US release are always the trail versions for the European machines... [img]wink.gif[/img]

GC, they still have those around? [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeaulous ? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast