Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. military deaths in the Iraq campaign passed the 1,000 milestone Tuesday.

EndQuest

Red face

sad

No political statement intended. I just makes me feel awful inside, and adds guilt to my being on the "outside".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

R.I.P.nope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

...a moment of silence, if you will, for those who give their lives so that we may live ours free of oppression and tyranny. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my good friend's hubby is over there and due to come home in a couple of weeks i should call her right now!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Well put StV. I wish it didn..no.. I won't go there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

BENSIN,
    ...once again, you prove to be the stupid uneducated ass that we all think you are.

...like the war or not, we not only need to be there, we have to be there.

...go ahead and elect Kerry. Then, we pull out of Iraq, turning the largest source of oil in the world over to terrorists. Then you'll end up paying $5.00, $6.00, maybe even $7.00 for a gallon of gas.

...BUT WAIT! It's not about oil or gas at all! It's about funding terrorism!

...but, no big deal. Because we can always count on an asshole like YOU to come forth and defend this country of ours. Can't we?

...you pathetic excuse of a human being, for being so fucking petty, as to bring politics into this topic and cheapen the lives of those who fight to keep this country safe for all. Shame on you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woo! What crawled up your ass and committed suicide?

I really hope Kerry does get elected, maybe then we can get our rights back?

You're open to your opinion, I'm open to mine. I won't even bullshit in here though, if you want to throw the shit around then PM. I'll even delete my posting for you, so you don't lose sleep over it.

Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

army

Hate the loss of lives, but understand the need to be there and respect the Hell out of the men and women of our armed forces. clap

BTW, it absolutely boggles my mind that anyone in this country actually has the gall to say they don't have "rights" or that their "rights" have been taken away just because the opposing political party (to their taste) is in office. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Go live in another country like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Jordan, Albania, etc for awhile and then come back and tell me how pathetic your rights in this country are. You don't like the party in office, fine. But base your opposition on something tangible and legitimate. Don't go running around claiming your "rights" are being taken away.... that's just offensive. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 08, 2004 08:20 AM: Message edited by: ?SNAPE? ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*RIP for all the people that died in Irak so far
    (Innocent Iraqis and American Soldiers)

Terrorists from the 9/11 attacks were from Saoudi Arabia, Egypt,Sudan...not from Irak. As much as i hate Saddam Hussein, those were the countries that needed to be investigate and Ben Laden was the guy to caught. The American Government tried to attack on two fronts at the same time and may end up losing much more than winning in body counts and world friendship.

It's really sad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to most everyone for their comments. WE do appreciate the support from the general populace for all of us that may be or end up in harm's way. Whether you agree with the administration's decision to go to war or not, there should always be popular support for the troops who play the role of 'diplomatic tool' for any administration. If anything was learned from Vietnam, that is the lesson.

I have my own views on the administration, but politics and religion are two subjects I very rarely discuss. Just to inflammatory of topics to usually have a friendly debate.

For most in the military, here's how we look at the 2 parties:

Republicans: pay us better but also put us in harm's way more often.

Democrats: pay us less, yet keep us home more often and use cruise missiles instead.

However, I'll leave you with this thought:

From the director who brought you AvP, Paul W.S. Anderson's newest film is sure to be a hit this fall: 2004 Bush vs Kerry, Whoever Wins, We Lose [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast