Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. military deaths in the Iraq campaign passed the 1,000 milestone Tuesday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I've just been sitting on my hands not to type anything too political, because if I get going, I won't feckin' stop. Best I remain with my hands well sat upon. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by ?SNAPE?:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by *PORTHOS*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EndQuest:
    Well, so much for non-political.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sorry Eq, didn't wanted it to slip. I always assume this board is totally different than the white board.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, in and of itself "political" isn't necessarily bad - it's all about how it's done. And for the most part Porthos, this board is different. I don't always agree with your posts, but I appreciate the perspective from someone who is "outside" the fray so to speak since you don't live here.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I appreciate your reply Snape.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tr3s:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by *PORTHOS*:
    The net?
    I think my post was respectfull.
    You don't have to be part of the war commity to be inform. Beeing outside of the States gives you the opportunity to be inform by more than just american newschannel.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure you are more than amply 'informed' by the Canandian, and French &lt;this is actually funny&gt;, news channels. You also must know, I'm sure you do, that unless you are part of the decison-makers of our country, all your information is second or third hand or even outright wishful thinking.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, a lot of the information shown on other countries's news stations is factual. Most of you know that my wife is Korean and sometimes we watch the Korean newscasts. They show more stuff without the left or right spin than our newscasts show. And when I'm not sure if it's factual or not, I just research it the next day at work on the classified computers. And so far, almost all of it has been factual.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Thanks George W., you ass turd!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

...good one TCM. I'd like to see you say something like that in the Middle East about their leaders. You'd be executed in all of about 30 seconds! [img]eek.gif[/img]

...that's exactly why we're there and our soldiers are dying, so you'll have the freedom to make such.........an intelligent statement. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

...I still love ya though, despite all your eloquence. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

*continues to lurk while remaining politically ambiguous...*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

...you and Pooh are the smartest guys here. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They should just rename this Vietnam 2. Just get their fucking asses out of there. Obviously they're not fixing anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Peter Hoffman:
    They should just rename this Vietnam 2. Just get their fucking asses out of there. Obviously they're not fixing anything.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's intelligent.

Vietnam posted US casualties of waaaaaaaaaay more than 1000 over the course of 18 months, pally.

y'know, if one of you Bush-haters can give me a good reason you're voting for Kerry that DOES NOT involve Dubya, i'll keep my mouth shut.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why does there need to be any other reason?

And I don't refer to it as Vietnam 2 for the death count, but for the fact that people are dying while nothing is being accomplished.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

PH,
    ...you couldn't be more wrong.

...the North Vietnamese were only terrorizing and killing the South Vietnamese, not the whole world and our way of life.

...come on people, this is the future of the free world we're talking about here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, right.

Iraq's way of life is really affecting us in North America. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Some people just can't handle the fact that others don't operate the same way we do.

Am I saying what goes on there is right? Hell no. But don't give me that bullshit that it affects us.