Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My thoughts on last night's episode:

- I'll take my cookie for calling Eden's power It's definitely an ability that would make you feel mighty guilty, and one that would be awfully easy to abuse.

- lots of info on Claire's dad. Some hinting on the Deveaux Society, around the monitoring, recording, etc. His speech on how sometimes it doesn't go right, and in one instance that left a little girl all alone...that was very interesting. If it's true though, that kills the idea that the frozen guy/pinned woman was her biological parents.

- speaking of which, I wonder if we'll ever find out why Sylar wanted the little girl, and where she is now?

- the diner chick was an odd one. Sylar certainly took her brain mighty easy, but why? She's got some sort of super powered memory going on, but why would that be on Sylar's list? You'd think he'd be taking powers in some sort of order, or with some sort of plan behind it - not randomly. But being able to kick everyone's ass on Jeopardy doesn't seem to be the top of the list to me...what am I missing? Of course, he could simply be doing it randomly, or geographically, or based on some psychotic reason only he understands.

- his watch. Okay, so he broke it in the cab killing Mohindar's dad. Why keep wearing it? Yea, that was a nice connection to let us know Sylar killed pappa Suresh, but it still seems a tad odd that he'd wear a watch that can't tell time...perhaps the same reason Claire's dad wears the glasses?

- and the Mohindar dreams were interesting. Seems poppa Suresh had found his own version of Freddy Krueger back in India, a kid that can travel and operate within your dreams. I'm assuming he's trying to tell Mohindar more than "C'mon stupid, isn't the fact your pops was right obvious enough yet?" And while all the implying that Mohindar's sister was 'very special' is going on, I still don't think Mohindar has any sort of abilities. The mom told poppa Suresh that he'd 'never taker her place'.

- Matt and Ted connecting was interesting, and could play out as part of the bigger picture as we move toward the explosion. Ted is the only one we've seen so far with truly destructive powers, something that could be used in a blatantly offensive manner. I think folks are right in saying that Sylar needs Claire's powers to get close enough to Ted to scoop out his brains and take the power for himself, and that Ted's powers are really his end game right now. So if he's trying to get Ted's powers soon, why take the waitresses memory? Or was it just convienent? "I was just passin' through, but I'll have a cuppa yer coffee, and a little slice of that homemade brains, ma'am".

- Hiro traveling back in time, trying a 'do over' isn't going to end well. You can see that coming. He clearly makes it back to her as evidenced by the photo on the wall, but what happens? Why hasn't he returned? And did he learn that he couldn't alter it without creating a bigger problem? He wasn't his usual happy self in that photo, and he appeared sad, as though he knew what was coming and couldn't change it. That was a great cliff hanger.

I'm expecting next week's episode to kick major kinds of ass...

Michael
    MWC

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Yeah....can't wait to see next week episode

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll take my cookie for calling Eden's power It's definitely an ability that would make you feel mighty guilty, and one that would be awfully easy to abuse.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not sure if I'm totally getting it. Is it the power of persuasion?

lots of info on Claire's dad. Some hinting on the Deveaux Society, around the monitoring, recording, etc. His speech on how sometimes it doesn't go right, and in one instance that left a little girl all alone...that was very interesting. If it's true though, that kills the idea that the frozen guy/pinned woman was her biological parents

- speaking of which, I wonder if we'll ever find out why Sylar wanted the little girl, and where she is now?.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't the little girl Claire?

the diner chick was an odd one. Sylar certainly took her brain mighty easy, but why? She's got some sort of super powered memory going on, but why would that be on Sylar's list? You'd think he'd be taking powers in some sort of order, or with some sort of plan behind it - not randomly. But being able to kick everyone's ass on Jeopardy doesn't seem to be the top of the list to me...what am I missing? Of course, he could simply be doing it randomly, or geographically, or based on some psychotic reason only he understands.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think a photographic memory would be quite handy. Did you notice that Hiro had an opportunity to tell the waitress his talent but hesitated and decided not to? That told me Sylar found her at random because she was quite vocal about it at the diner. If he had a innate sense to other people's powers, then he should have nailed Hiro.

his watch. Okay, so he broke it in the cab killing Mohindar's dad. Why keep wearing it? Yea, that was a nice connection to let us know Sylar killed pappa Suresh, but it still seems a tad odd that he'd wear a watch that can't tell time...perhaps the same reason Claire's dad wears the glasses?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it me or does Mohindar's dad not look Indian? If he is then Mohindar definitely got his mother's looks.

and the Mohindar dreams were interesting. Seems poppa Suresh had found his own version of Freddy Krueger back in India, a kid that can travel and operate within your dreams. I'm assuming he's trying to tell Mohindar more than "C'mon stupid, isn't the fact your pops was right obvious enough yet?" And while all the implying that Mohindar's sister was 'very special' is going on, I still don't think Mohindar has any sort of abilities. The mom told poppa Suresh that he'd 'never taker her place'.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My daughter thought that the "kid" in the dream was Mohindar's sister.

Matt and Ted connecting was interesting, and could play out as part of the bigger picture as we move toward the explosion. Ted is the only one we've seen so far with truly destructive powers, something that could be used in a blatantly offensive manner. I think folks are right in saying that Sylar needs Claire's powers to get close enough to Ted to scoop out his brains and take the power for himself, and that Ted's powers are really his end game right now. So if he's trying to get Ted's powers soon, why take the waitresses memory? Or was it just convienent? "I was just passin' through, but I'll have a cuppa yer coffee, and a little slice of that homemade brains, ma'am".
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think "yes" on the last part. See above.

Hiro traveling back in time, trying a 'do over' isn't going to end well. You can see that coming. He clearly makes it back to her as evidenced by the photo on the wall, but what happens? Why hasn't he returned? And did he learn that he couldn't alter it without creating a bigger problem? He wasn't his usual happy self in that photo, and he appeared sad, as though he knew what was coming and couldn't change it. That was a great cliff hanger.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hiro is going to learn a terrible lesson here I believe. Either he cannot change events that have already happened or change comes with serious consequences. Remember, he did come back from the future to say "save the cheerleader, save the world". Which brings up a paradox in of itself.

Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Andy's questions:

- yes, the power of persuasion, taken to it's ultimate. She simply tells you what to do, and you do it, believing you're the one making the decision.

- no, I mean the little girl that Sylar tried to take from the police station, who was hiding under the stairs. Her parents were killed by Sylar, daddy's brain sucked dry, and clearly Sylar wanted her too. But that's the last we heard of her or that theme so far.

- as to Hiro, I think the issue is that he can't teleport to times/places that he can't picture. When he teleported to NYC, he was looking at poster of the Statue of Liberty on the subway. Perhaps this time, while he only wanted to go back one day, he could only manage to go back to an event in her life she had discussed with him and he could picture (and perhaps he could see the photo on the board sans himself behind Ando) of her birthday. But that's 6 weeks earlier - if he stays long enough to try to save her, he'll miss the actual event with the cheerleader. He can't tell her that far back what's coming...and that's the sad look on his face in the photo. He has to return to now, and he has to let her die.

Of course, you could argue, why not just leave her a note ala back to the future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Hiro does not seem to have the time travel thing down yet. Remember his trip to NYC was 5 weeks into the future? Hence my argument that he does not actually "teleport" anywhere.

I missed her mentioning her birthday so I didn't know how old that birthday picture was.

I wonder how they're going to explain these seemingly random people getting these powers suddenly?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the NBC site, Hiro's blog has switched back to it's original setting.. since he went back in time so did his blog.

I gotta say, this is a well written show!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by That Chet Guy:
    On the NBC site, Hiro's blog has switched back to it's original setting.. since he went back in time so did his blog.

I gotta say, this is a well written show!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, they don't seem to be "lost" yet. [img]wink.gif[/img]