Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I was gracious and gave it a five when I probably should have given it a zero. A cliffhanger that would make you scream? I screamed all right, I screamed 'You have to be kidding me.' at my TV. A shark jumping moment? Sorry, didn't see one. Alex attacks with a slingshot? Scary !! Is that another lame biblical reference? Almost as lame as a new persona called Jacob. Kate's wedding/marshal call/hubby drugging......... any point to any of that?

When the show first aired and Damon said the original outline was only twenty pages, a record low for show development, I thought, wow these guys are brilliant to go this far on only a twenty page outline. Now I think that maybe they don't really know where they're going at all. I've gotten to the point where I can no longer accept unexplained plots by saying, 'Oh, those silly Losties just never investigate things.' Well the Losties only do what the writers write.

I'm beginning to believe I'm the victim of the Longest Con, that being just how long they'll con me into continuing to watch.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sculpey:
    I'm beginning to believe I'm the victim of the Longest Con, that being just how long they'll con me into continuing to watch.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ditto

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This may or end up being a well needed break either for their sake or for ours. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thank God for "Heroes".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

wow...and i was going to post ''Isn't LOST the best tv show ever?''

I thought only one of the 6 episodes this fall was so so (the one with Sawyer's baby story)

I wasn't expecting a fall finally as exciting as a season finale. Maybe you guys had too much expectation. I thought it was a good episode.

Watching Survivors for the last few years, I've learned to stop expecting great things from commentaries during previews
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MM4:
    I don't now...I have tried to give a chance to LOST, but is not my kind of show....

Guess I will stick with "Heroes" and "BSG"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because you are already lost on an island. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MM4:
    I don't now...I have tried to give a chance to LOST, but is not my kind of show....

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because you are already lost on an island. [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAHAH!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, I think we would be less tired of the love triangle if we were watching it many episodes at a time. We've been following for 2 years and half but they're only been on the island about 70 days now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Asking the marshal to stop chasing her would have been really nice if the concept had been grounded in any form of reality. Next time I'm a fugitive, remind me to do two things: call the person chasing me and ask them to stop, and marry a cop. That should solve the problem.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by Andyman:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MM4:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because you are already lost on an island. [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Touche !!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

And if you come here, you will be "Lost in translation" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sculpey:
    Kate's wedding/marshal call/hubby drugging......... any point to any of that?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Quoted from another forum
    Great, great episode. Kate's flashback's served as a nice frame for the island story, and the Catch Me If You Can moment with the Marshall where she asked him to stop chasing her was really nice. Kate is born to run, and when she stays in one place for too long, things get bad. People she cares about get hurt. I love the idea that she left the man she loved when she thought she was going to hurt him, and that she couldn't do it again to the next man. And the ending works nicely becuase once she finally decides to dig her heels in and not leave without Jack (another man she possibly loves?), what happens? He tells her to run. Fantastic bit of thematic writing, that is.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234