Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think Catwoman will bomb at the box office??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by Baimun:
    There are so many beautiful, sexy women in the world that I've gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me one bit to absolutely HATE a few of them.

Snotty, spoiled, over-pampered, rich celebs are the easiest for me to hate as they are an embodiment of all the narcissistic celebrity slash "delusional demigod" that is fueled by the novacain-brained public that gladly stuffs their pockets full of cash.

Just a few on my short list of "Celebs I'd rather stuff a baseball bat into their mouth than a piece of my anatomy" includes Hallie Berry, Jennifer Lopez, Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, and Anna Nicole Smith.

There are beautiful people out there who write, sculpt, paint, teach, and interact with our world in ways more complicated than letting light bounce off of their surface.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ July 14, 2004 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]eek.gif[/img]

You feel Ok ?
    Here, the last issue of "Big Butts Babes" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Baimun:
    There are so many beautiful, sexy women in the world that I've gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me one bit to absolutely HATE a few of them.

Snotty, spoiled, over-pampered, rich celebs are the easiest for me to hate as they are an embodiment of all the narcissistic celebrity slash "delusional demigod" that is fueled by the novacain-brained public that gladly stuffs their pockets full of cash.

There are beautiful people out there who write, sculpt, paint, teach, and interact with our world in ways more complicated than letting light bounce off of their surface.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">clap

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To understand acting one must accept the ego. They go hand in hand.

Also, public perception is not necessarily an acurate profile of one's true self. Remember, they're actors. At what point does the acting stop?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually, I just might go see this.
    although I will not be thinking of her as CatWoman, just as some no-name super-hero type...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(Baimun thinking to himself...) &gt;Hmm... did snape edit out the third paragraph because she disagreed with my list... or because of the "baseball bat in mouth" reference???&lt; [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Neither. It just didn't "fit" (per se) the larger point you made that I was applauding. [img]wink.gif[/img]

It was funny though.... brought to mind that scene from the film Identity where the criminal gets the bat rammed waaaaaay down his throat! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a pretty typical "Baimun-esqe" relay of information.

There's often some useful information in there... but you just have to sort it out between the bizzarre, disturbing jokes and the movie references. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(as was my response to said reply... as noted with the [img]wink.gif[/img] ) [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I just don't get why people hate Halle Berry like 200% more since her Oscar. She could have won it without the sex scene. She gave a strong performance and she was deserving of the statue.

I don't like her that much but people seems so hateful towards her and I just don't get it.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 11:00 AM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have anything against her.
    I didn't think she was a good choice to play Storm, but otherwise...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Porthos... a huge part of it is the fact that she feels she can "Command" things like dialogue and screen time just because of her Oscar.

There are many big name actors who don't get big headed because they won an Oscar. They understand that they are PART of the whole... the Director, Script, Cinemetography... All of that contributes to making a character connect with the audience.

I've yet to see a movie shot on a home video tape in a white room with improvised dialogue where an "Actor" took home an Oscar. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast