Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Imbalance:
    Seems like McF knew it would work, but wanted to save it as a back-up plan for...now...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, because Todd wouldn't want to milk something to death right off the bat. He'd wait and wait with his patient little pocketbook, knowing he had an idea that he could "fall back" on. Yeah, and the success of Lord of the Rings had nothing to do with it either. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's something that escapes me.... Mcfarlane will pay good money to pick up crap licenses, but *really good* stuff like Lord of the Rings is left up to Toybiz.

Granted, TB did a pretty decent job wth LOTR, but we never really did get a good fell beast, one of those Oliphant things, and it took years for Neca to unleash the Balrog.

And I'm thinking one of those cheap plush Santas will be donating his outfit for the Balrog this season... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe we ought to suggest stuff so he won't make it. Hmmm, he should join forces with a "hip (is hip even a word kids use today? [img]redface.gif[/img] ) design outfit" and create a character, Nacho Libre needs figures. Hey so does Bon Jovi! Come on Todd make a guy happy.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ October 16, 2006 08:01 PM: Message edited by: JacktheRipper ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, Chet was before his time. I believe he was trying to get Todd to do Nacho Libre, Napoleon Dynamite, and Nascar figures MANY years before the rest of us even became aware of the merchadising potential of all of them!

Problem with Chet is, it's hard to tell if he's joking about something, or serious.

(Other then that wierd twitch in his left eye...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Gareee:

The current deluxe one is a joke, since there's very little to distingish him from the rest of the line, except for the addition $15 pricetag.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ October 16, 2006 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Gareee ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....or could it be that he's bigger than the rest of the line?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Water Clan has consistantly been my favorite from each line.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have always been one to suggest McFarlane to do a dragon line. But good lord, series 5 already??? I was burnt out at 3.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I have always been one to suggest McFarlane to do a dragon line. But good lord, series 5 already??? I was burnt out at 3.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....and it ain't over yet! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Robot dragons? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gareee:

The current deluxe one is a joke, since there's very little to distingish him from the rest of the line, except for the addition $15 pricetag.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ October 16, 2006 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Gareee ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....or could it be that he's bigger than the rest of the line?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the thing.. he isn't much bigger (if he is ) at all. His tree is 4 inches tall, and his base is a little larger then the other figure's bases, but that's it.

He's just no where near as cool as the last set's deluxe Sorceror dragon. Even 20% larger would have helped him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast