Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic yeah, but, I wanna discuss: The Gay Marriage Issue?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think back them god was a lot more open minded... [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img]

-megalithanod

But I think the real question is how allowing gay marriages is going to affect the action figure collecting market?

Peter Peeker

I don't understand why the hell ANYONE would WANT to get married, but...

I ain't gonna tell anybody "no".

bonedust

Originally posted by -megalithanod:
    But I think the real question is how allowing gay marriages is going to affect the action figure collecting market?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">clive barker wont be so angry and will make 'happy fluffy freinds' toys.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

-megalithanod
    posted March 11, 2004 09:54 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Silly boy......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they should be allowed to marry if they want to. saying they can't is like saying they're not human, and don't deserve the same rights as any other person on this planet.

and people who talk about preserving the sanctity of marriage piss me off. so many straight people do not hold marriage as something sacred. if they did, then there would be no divorce, no one would be unfaithful, husbands would not abuse their wives (although once upon a time, that was perfectly legal), and so on. a 20 year old girl can marry an 80 year old man because she's a gold digger. is that sacred?

also, religious people are mostly the ones making a big uproar. correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't divorce one of those things that the catholics are not supposed to be able to do? like using birth control?

-megalithanod

Originally posted by Street Worm:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">-megalithanod
    posted March 11, 2004 09:54 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Silly boy......</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep - that is what I thought!

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ March 11, 2004 10:14 AM: Message edited by: -megalithanod ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tortricidae:
    they should be allowed to marry if they want to. saying they can't is like saying they're not human, and don't deserve the same rights as any other person on this planet.

and people who talk about preserving the sanctity of marriage piss me off. so many straight people do not hold marriage as something sacred. if they did, then there would be no divorce, no one would be unfaithful, husbands would not abuse their wives (although once upon a time, that was perfectly legal), and so on. a 20 year old girl can marry an 80 year old man because she's a gold digger. is that sacred?

also, religious people are mostly the ones making a big uproar. correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't divorce one of those things that the catholics are not supposed to be able to do? like using birth control?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a lot of catholics are only catholics when it doesn't interfere with their personal life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i personally don't care, if they want to get married let them! why does it matter if you are gay or straight as long as you are doing it for the right reasons! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was an excellent little blurb about this in this week's New Yorker Magazine. By and large, the issue is split by age differences. Older people do not want to see gay people get married, whilst younger people, liberal and conservative alike, don't mind if it happens or not.

Keep in mind, Dick Cheyney's daughter is openly gay. Bush is only doing this to get conservative support, and hopefully it will backfire on him big time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast