Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I can't wait!
    "Auf der Maur" her debut solo album (after beeing with HOLE and The Smashing Pumpkins) is the best rock album I bought so far this year (followed by Velvet Revolver).

She's presently touring small venue for her album PLUS she's touring with the CURIOSA FESTIVAL (The Cure summer festival)

I think tonights gig will be pretty special cause she's from Montr?al and the venue she chose for her gig is a cool little theater. The band opening for her is called Cooper Temple Clause (I don't know them)

to hear more

http://www.m80teams.com/?Qzo2OTE6Mzc1NjUx
    Auf20der20Mauer
    cool03

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ August 08, 2004 02:22 PM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font></font>

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 09, 2004 09:45 AM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the debut album as well. Have fun at the gig. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What a show. The cooper temple clause were opening for Auf der Maur and they totally kicked ass. I had never heard of them before and was really impressed.

Then Melissa came and gave a hell of a performance. The band was realy tight and it shows that she's been giving a lot of shows in the last few weeks cause her voice is getting better (better than all the live excerpt I saw on the net so far.) She did all the songs of the album except "Would if I could". She also did "Sgt. Politeness".

As an encore they played a song called "The One" if I heard right and she played "Good News" alone on stage with just bass and vocal for her mom that was there.

By the way, she played the fench version of "Taste You"

On a crazy note, two morons jumped from the balcony into the crowd during "I'll be anything you want"

When she'll heads your way, don't miss it.