Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This post is NOT about this board or the white board.

I am a member of about 7 or 8 other boards, and one of them had a big blow up today. Lots of other members exchanging terse words, insults, and tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. Nobody wanted this drama to happen, but it was a long time in the making and had to come out.

Since I do most of my posting at work, it is such an uncomfortable thing to witness MB drama; but, I admit, I still want to know how everything turns out. I work at a company with about 60 other people. Nobody else around me is aware of what I am seeing or feeling. It's wierd - not quite entertainment, but you feel compelled to watch.

I remember several years ago I got into a few arguments on the old black spawn board, and it really affected my mood & performance at work.

Anybody else ever experience this?

-megalithanod

I do pretty god of seperating what goes on the board from what isn't on the board. But then again, most of the tussles that I get into are wtih people that even if they were in front of me it wouldn't matter to me what they said or did.

Now, there are some (mostly all on this board and one or two on others) that if I got into an arguement with them I think it would affect me. Not having met with anyone on this board, and only ever talked with one person (ghostdawgg) i actually do consider a lot of people friends here. I think if I got into it with that group that it would affect me off the board.

But the cool thing is that those I consider friends here, we are all cool enough, and decent enough people to realize that everyone doesn't have to conform to the same thoughts and ideals to get along.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When all the "board wars" happened and my name became a swear word over on the white board, I found myself VERY irritable and snapped at quite a few people on and off the board.

Hanging here (in such a calmer environment) returned me to my center.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

have no comp at work ..so I cant read stuff like that. Have read a few topics when 2 or more ppl have been at each others throats but its nothing that affects me. but its so much more cooler when everybody comes along but we have to respekt we re all uniq and have diffrent thoughts and values in life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yep, been in a couple of tiffs on the white board and it ruined my time at work or when I was off the board at home.