Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

What I've learned from all my past relationships (and the women were all like you've described) is this:

Never go back. Never.

The issues that bothered her are no longer there because you don't live together. She's probably lonely and misses the security of somebody who is what she should want to be with.

Save yourself (and your kids) the re-hash and just keep moving forward. The kids will benefit from the amicable situation you have now with your ex..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sometimes things like this can remake a marriage stronger. you know "for better or for worse". people make mistakes and are seriously sorry for what they've done. you never know if you get back together you might grow into a long lasting marriage that has survived the hard times and learned a few things along the way. sometimes it works to give second chances.

or not?

Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My only advice - don't let your kids have any idea that there could even be a chance of a reconciliation. It's one thing for you and her to ride the emotional roller coaster, but as good parents you don't want to inflict that pain on your kids.

As to getting back together, I look at it this way. I don't watch the same movie over and over again expecting a different ending. The only way the ending changes is if something else in the story has changed. If it has, you might have a chance. If it hasn't - which is more often the case - you're just lonely, she's just lonely, and all the old issues will just rise up again once you're past the loneliness.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with staying friends for now is there?

Was there another man during or after your breakup? If so, I would be highly suspicious. What's to stop her from leaving again if she finds something she thinks is better.

On the other hand, if there was no other guy and she's serious about giving it another shot then I say why not? Only if you are interested I mean. Take it slow and see what happens. Unless you don't want to give your kids any false hopes.

What do your kids think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone has to say it: HIT IT and then see how you feel. If you feel something there, it's time to give it some serious thought. If it just felt like a one-night stand, at least you HIT IT....again. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12