Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chaserfan:
    ok, we want to go.....when??? where to stay??? just about any weekend after the 10th works for us.....
    but shouldn't we be calling this the upper midwest gathering??????or maybe the northern gathering??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can'T be called Northern, there's a few of us way more North
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When we gather in Jersey it's called the "New Jersey Gathering" regardless of where you're from...

... for this one we Gather in the Midwest. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So will this be a gathering of hunters or gatherers being hunted?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm busy every weekend working at......oh wait, it's going to be at my place, cool! Then I'm golden!!

Er, golden except for the weekend of November 18th, I'll be in Pittsburgh.

Lemme take a look at the reservation book and see what days are looking good.

OK...... in terms of a private room December 16th before 7:00pm looks the best.

If we want to just hang in the regular dining areas any of the dates are good.

I also checked Hot Dog Man's schedule, and he'll be hanging out in the basement on all the days listed.

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

By the way I do't know if Tony is serious about April but if he is I'm pretty sure I could manage a trip during that period

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd be up for April as well as the dates my name's by above. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

november is pretty much out for me... elections and then family obligations... i hate november... however, at this point, i have no idea what december will be like. so whatver dates you pick i will just try to make...

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Joranthalus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chaser and other out-of-towners: Here are some directions and hotel info for ya

Here are some basic directions from the 2 major highways

<font color="green">From I-94</font>: Take exit 229, I-696 West to exit 26, Groesbeck / Schoenherr. Follow 11 Mile Rd. (the freeway service drive) 1 mile to Schoenherr. Turn north (right) on Schoenherr and take that about 3/4 of a mile. We are on the West (left) side of the street just before 12 Mile.

<font color="green">From I-75</font>: Take exit 61, I-696 East to exit 24, Schoenherr Rd / Hoover Rd. Follow 11 Mile Rd (the freeway service drive) 1 mile to Schoenherr. Turn north (left) on Schoenherr and take that about 3/4 of a mile. We are on the West (left) side of the street just before 12 Mile.

My place is only about 2 miles away from the GM Tech Center, so there are numerous hotels in the area.

Holiday Inn Express is the closest hotel to my restaurant, only about a mile away. If you make reservations over the phone with them tell them you are attending an event at the Cutting Board and they might give you some kind of special rate.

Followed by another Holiday Inn Suites about 2 1/2 miles away, and Hampton Inn and Candlewood Suites, both about 4 miles away.

If you go about making reservations on your own, stick to locations north of I-696 / 11 Mile Road.

Roads in the area are a grid: North/South are numbered mile roads, 11 Mile(which runs parallel to I-696), 12 Mile, 13 Mile, 14 Mile, etc.) Going south of 11 Mile gets you into South Warren / Detroit, which, unless you want to find places that were in the movie 8 Mile, you probably don't want to stay in that area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So are we going to do a toy swap? I have some toy ideas that need to be put together and given to a good home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by *PORTHOS*:
    By the way I do't know if Tony is serious about April but if he is I'm pretty sure I could manage a trip during that period

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If they move it, or propose a new gathering for that month, I am in.....

I am full of work until then....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast