Thread: My "OH COME TO DADDY" SP variant finds story...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So our Targets around here finally restocked and it actually included SportsPicks this time, which they usually never carry around here. So knowing that the Target in my city got these in [but they were picked clean] I decide to check the Target in the city I work in this morning.

Well, I thought it wasn't going to go well when I got in the parking lot and I see the local scalper leaving, "CRAP" I thought, this guy grabbed everything I'm sure. He's the kind of guy that while rummaging through Hot Wheels, if he sees me coming, he hauls ass down the figure aisle to scan everything quickly before I can, true story.

So I go in anyway to see if I can find anything I need other than SportsPicks. I take a look around and it looks like they did the restock but no Football figs? Ah, but as I walk down the back aisle I see an endcap LOADED with them. So I have to assume the scalper guy just didn't see them because I scored:

Yogi [soft hat]
    A's Reggie Jackson x 2 [one for me, one for my father-in-law]
    White T. Brown
    Retro Rams Holt

The football finds were especially nice, because I just got done trading those two away for a bust and needed them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok, Happy Panda story over.

-megalithanod
    Although those don't mean anything to me....

If you are happy, I am happy - especially since you "beat the scalper!" [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So our Targets around here finally restocked and it actually included them Sporty-guys this time, which they usually never carry around here. So knowing that the Target in my city got these in [but they were picked clean] I decide to check the Target in the city I work in this morning.
    Well, I thought it wasn't going to go well when I got in the parking lot and I see the local scalper leaving, "CRAP" I thought, this guy grabbed everything I'm sure. He's the kind of guy that while rummaging through the Vroom-Vrooms, if he sees me coming, he hauls ass down the figure aisle to scan everything quickly before I can, true story.

So I go in anyway to see if I can find anything I need other than Sporty-Guys. I take a look around and it looks like they did the restock but no Foozball figs? Ah, but as I walk down the back aisle I see an endcap LOADED with them. So I have to assume the scalper guy just didn't see them because I scored:

Yogi [and Boo Boo]
    Abbleybooblah Jeeboo x 2 [one for me, one for my father-in-law]
    Whapadabadoobykoo
    Retro Roobleskoobstie

The foozball finds were especially nice, because I just got done trading those two away for a bust and needed them.

Ok, Anyone have a Kleenex... or a moist towlette?

---------------------
    marvsig

Well... that's the way I read it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 09, 2004 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And you didn't have to climb anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice find, *mary*!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMFAO BAIMUN!

BEST EDIT EVER!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sweet, fortune smiled on you with that haul!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool finds. I also have the same situation with scalpers in my area. There isn't one specific scalper, but a buttload of them. I've had guys run past me, reach around, & even offer me money for toys inhand.
    Although I don't consider myself a SP collector I do collect some SP. This weekend I found my first two variants on the pegs; white Brown & retro Holt. I'm a semi Raiders fan so I picked that one up. I'm far from being a Rams fan and debated for some time on picking this one up (I bought it). Either they are easier to find, or just at the right place at the right time.
    Just so it's not all SP I did buy the variant Marvin Suggs (Muppets) & bendy tenticles Doc Ock. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]