Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to visit a friend last weekend and she was working on a 24x36 charcol drawing of a picture like your's. I asked her where she found the original picture and all she could tell me was that she found it on the net....I wonder [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm... i dunno, rog... all my drawings come from the same place, so i don't wanna say the site out loud here... they are copyrighted, but i have an arrangement to use them.... maybe your friend did just find it surfing, i do that a lot for designs... unfortunately, the risk of just running a search and viewing the images, is that some of them may be copyrighted and you have no idea that they are, because you didn't go to the actual site... there are dozens and dozens of this particular artists drawings about... and a lot of them are this sort of fantasy-type drawing... i've seen lots of different ones used for designs...i'd say it should be alright, so long as the reproduction isn't exactly the same anyway... i mean, if she is just taking the general idea and making it her own, i'm not really sure there's anything wrong with that... i'm not sure about the legality though, if she is taking a copyrighted drawing and reproducing it, then actually selling it. Design work is a little different i guess... you are just borrowing, and using for your personal decoration... now if i'd wanted to sell my designs or av's, i feel quite sure i would have had to pay for the use of them... and they are fairly expensive... some of them are actually commissioned works done exclusively for a specific buyer... but again, if she is reproducing with no intention of displaying or selling, i don't think there's anything that anyone can do about that...