Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a feel-good approach to getting some votes for the upcoming election.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Vreenak:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh please Shockwave. For close to three years now we've been listening to Bush spout off at the mouth about this "war on terror" and "crimes against freedom." The entire thing is a bunch of bullshit. First off, what crimes against freedom have been commited? Obviously, it's a horrible horrible thing that so many people have died in the Al Qaeda attacks, but the LAST thing bin Laden and his cronies are protesting is freedom. When some guy goes out and kills his wife, not once do you hear anyone say, "What a horrible crime he commited against her freedom!" It's overstated horseshit aimed at keeping people scared. And Bush doesn't stop there. In his speeches you hear him make references to threats to our very way of life and civilization. I'm really really sorry to all those out there who are swinging from Bush's nuts, but Al Qaeda is a little ill-equipped to wage that sort of a war against us. As for the "war on terror," it's like saying, "we're going to get rid of bad intentions," or frowns, or mean people, or assholes who cut you off in traffic. It's just not going to happen. And exactly who are we chasing out there right now? Besides members of Al Qaeda (which makes total sense), the only other person we've gone after is Saddam Hussein. And seeing as how there's not really a logical bridge between bin Laden and Hussein (Hussein had no WMD and there was no proof that the two men were in contact), we're left wondering if the Bush camp was using the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to follow their own agenda.

The Terror Alert stuff, "crimes against freedom," "the war on terror." It's all meant to keep people afraid. Even crap like the scheduling of the Republican National Convention (Never has a Republican Convention been held in New York City, and never has one been scheduled so late in the year. It ends just before September 11th) is meant to play off of people's emotions. So, like I said in my original post, I think the War On Terror is total bullshit.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*Standing Ovation*

Amen to that brother...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"War On Terror" (which I think is total BS in the first place)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How is that? I know nothing of politics, but the immediate threat was Osama, yet Bush went out and spent more effort to find Hussein...explain to me the logic in that, especially now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The whole "War on Terror" is about bringing to justice anyone who is a terrorist or anyone harboring terrorists....the 2 people that spring to mind when you think of these thing are Bin Laden and Hussein........Bin Laden is either dead or in hiding somewhere(for now) and Saddam is awaiting a trial among his peers for all the BS he's done....the US is presently hunting down terrorists and their allies in over 30 different countries(according to Newsweek)....it may not be a traditional "war" against a specific country but any sane/logical person would see the importance of it....any ignorant/asanine person would sit back, do nothing while terrorists plane another 9/11

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SlappyMcNasty winner for total moron....
    Yeah a war on a tactic of war makes soooooooo much sense....
    How about a war on flanking?.....or a war on propaganda??

It is just a buzz terminology and not a well thought out one at that....
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">moron, huh?....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*applauds Vreenak*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess the intelligent thing for the US to do is sit back, do nothing like the previous Administration and wait for a chemical, biloigcal, or nuclear attack on US soil and then ask the UN if it's OK for us to do something about it....would that make everyone happy....?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SlappyMcNasty:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Winner for stupidest thing I've read on the internet today is....Vreenak....</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SlappyMcNasty winner for total moron....
    Yeah a war on a tactic of war makes soooooooo much sense....
    How about a war on flanking?.....or a war on propaganda??

It is just a buzz terminology and not a well thought out one at that....

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why do people still buy this smokescreen about sudden terrorism in the US?

It's been happening for over 20 years, stop eating the bullshit.

If "fighting" terrorism means decimating civil liberties and the entire premise of basic human freedom, then paint me unpatriotic.
    They're turning this country into a state of martial law. Kiss your dignity good bye.
    Does it not disturb anyone that Bush's family and friends have been smooching the ass of middle eastern regimes for oil for well over 15 years?
    How about the fact that the US trained
    Guerilla forces in Afghanistan during their war with Russia?

The US goverment has been steadily funding terrorist activities for years.

Wake up and smell the scandal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I really don't have to add much here, since the points have already been made by HC and Vreenak, but I just hope to Christ that all the other Bush supporters out there are supporting him for some other reason...

...if not, if they all actually think this way as well, and believe everything he's telling them, then they're all complete wack jobs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast