Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Halitosis Crunch:
    To be honest, i'm sick of the 911 publicity entirely.

It happened nearly three years ago. People still can't seem to shut the fuck up about it.

It certainly was a tragedy, no question. But when you look at other points in history, the Holocaust, the Vietnam War, etc.
    you see how overblown and oversensitive people are about it.
    But it'll be in the media until some new tragedy strikes and the righties and lefties can start pointing fingers.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Originally posted by Halitosis Crunch:
    I'm pointing out that events in history much worse aren't really taken into account as being worse by the majority of people so sensitive over 911. It's America's selfishness at work. If it happens within our walls of security than it's certainly worse than anything the rest of the world has witnessed.
    [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your first post refered to how the media keeps reporting/harping on the event....Yes I am sure other foreign news agencies don't do the same....Like Japan.....I mean Hiroshima/Nagasaki to them is/was no big deal right??....Or how about the recent Al-Qaeda train attacks in Spain....I'm sure that's old news by now.. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Even if people are still upset why is this somehow a surprise....This country has only been attacked by a foreign power within it's own borders four times in it's entire history plus this is still the most recent one.....
    Now I would agree with you if everyone was still freaking out about the war of 1812 and the British burning Washington but that seems to have quieted down in the last 150 years or so....

EDIT: damnit I keep forgeting not to include my sig

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ June 25, 2004 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Chairman Kaga ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kaga- your sig only appears once per page when you have it on.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TrueHorror:
    I agree, I just am not a "NEWS" kind of person. I usually will read some news online. but I NEVER watch it. get my drift!?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you should mention that, as it plays a large role in Bowling for Columbine... the "Nation of Fear" created by the media that makes Americans paranoid. Paranoid of their next-door neighbor, paranoid about the food they eat, paranoid about who the ice cream man really is.

It's turning people into slaves of their fear, when there's more stuff to be concerned about, other than how pure your tap water is or if your pain reliever is really all that efffective.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TrueHorror:
    I agree, I just am not a "NEWS" kind of person. I usually will read some news online. but I NEVER watch it. get my drift!?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you should mention that, as it plays a large role in Bowling for Columbine... the "Nation of Fear" created by the media that makes Americans paranoid. Paranoid of their next-door neighbor, paranoid about the food they eat, paranoid about who the ice cream man really is.

It's turning people into slaves of their fear, when there's more stuff to be concerned about, other than how pure your tap water is or if your pain reliever is really all that efffective.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Im sure Moore has some good points at tiimes. I just really dont like hearing him talk. I hate the news because they feel like if its not bad news then its not news.Id rather read "CHILD saved" on the cover of the paper anyday

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TrueHorror:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Im sure Moore has some good points at tiimes. I just really dont like hearing him talk. I hate the news because they feel like if its not bad news then its not news.Id rather read "CHILD saved" on the cover of the paper anyday
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man ...

I was going to post a big comment about this, but I really can't think of any way to do it without coming across as a pompous asshole. So I'll just leave it be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Slowly you are realizing the best way to talk about political things on the Internet is to not talk about them at all. You are learning, Grasshopper. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by profbobo:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man ...

I was going to post a big comment about this, but I really can't think of any way to do it without coming across as a pompous asshole. So I'll just leave it be.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Im not saying some of the stuff moore says isnt true. Im just saying I dont enjoy his way of going about it.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive noticed a few people say stuff like. "If you dont like Moore fine continue to be ignorant or keep your heads in the clouds" apparently if we dont like him we are wrong to you people.I will continue to dislike him for as long as he lives.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's fine if people don't like Moore, as long as it's for a good reason... y'know, something other than that he's fat.

Based on your responses, it seems like you haven't seen or read enough of Michael Moore's work to have given it a real chance, but in the end, that's up to you.

I lump Michael Moore in with directors like Quentin Tarantino, where I *really* like their movies a lot, but I wouldn't want to know or hang out with them, simply because they'd begin to grate on me after a while.

You've gotta separate the art from the artist.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    Ive noticed a few people say stuff like. "If you dont like Moore fine continue to be ignorant or keep your heads in the clouds" apparently if we dont like him we are wrong to you people.I will continue to dislike him for as long as he lives.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's fine if people don't like Moore, as long as it's for a good reason... y'know, something other than that he's fat.

Based on your responses, it seems like you haven't seen or read enough of Michael Moore's work to have given it a real chance, but in the end, that's up to you.

I lump Michael Moore in with directors like Quentin Tarantino, where I *really* like their movies a lot, but I wouldn't want to know or hang out with them, simply because they'd begin to grate on me after a while.

You've gotta separate the art from the artist.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, I just am not a "NEWS" kind of person. I usually will read some news online. but I NEVER watch it. get my drift!?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567