Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dealing with a RAID failure

Hey folks, I've been dealing with a RAID failure recently, and it's been quite a headache. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with RAID recovery. Any tips or suggestions on how to go about it? Thanks in advance!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dealing with a RAID failure

Oh, I feel your pain! RAID issues can be real stress inducers. First things first, make sure you've identified the specific problem – whether it's a failed drive or some other issue. If a drive failed, replacing it with a new one is the initial step. Depending on your recover raid, you might need to rebuild the array. Just remember, always have a backup before attempting any recovery, and if you're unsure, consult with a professional. Also, check the health of your remaining drives – they might be on the verge of failure too. Good luck with the recovery!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dealing with a RAID failure

Tools like R-Studio or Disk Drill can be quite effective in recovering data from a failed RAID array. Before you dive in, though, understand your RAID level and the implications of each action. Sometimes, it's wise to consult with a data recovery expert, especially if the data is crucial. Remember, patience is key during this process, as it can take a while depending on the size of your array. Hope your recovery efforts are successful, and your data remains intact!