Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palisades Planet of the Apes, Terminator, AoD series 2...

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the Joe-related front, I finally caved and ordered the VvV 7 Snake Eyes vs. Swamp Rat pack. Yeah, I'll end up paying double MSRP, but my Target hasn't had new figures in months. They still have VvV 4 & 5 on the pegs. Who knows when they'll get waves 6 & 7, if at all.

If/when they show up, I've got a Target gift card for their ass.

In case you'd like to get the pack, here's the link:

http://www.kebcotoys.com/Merchant2/index.mv

Dealt with Kebco before, and the only complaint I have is that it took a while to get my last order from them (this was about a year ago)... about three weeks, if I remember correctly. Otherwise, they were cool.

PS-- This is a link to the Snake Eyes the fanboys are going gaga for:

http://yojoe.com/action/05/snakeeyes23.shtml

... A marked improvement over the crappy VvV Snake Eyes and comparably cool to the first O-ringed JvC Snake Eyes (still my favorite).

<font color="#CCCCCC" size="1">[ April 02, 2005 05:44 PM: Message edited by: White Line Nightmare ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hands down my favorite Snake-Eyes is the very first version. I don't like most Snake-Eyes figures, because they can't match the coolness of the first. This new version is nice though, and just may be my second favorite. In short...I need one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by king1018:
    army of darkness (or anything evil dead) is a must! really looking forward to planet of the apes and palisades' adult swim figures, too!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am looking forward to their Adult Swim line as well, but they are going to be a bit taller than 4" aren't they?

I was rather bummed to see that there aren't any SG Coast Coast figures in the second series though. The only Adult Swim shows I really care about are Coast to Coast, Brak Show and Harvey Birdman.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite Snake Eyes is this little fella:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/02/snakeeyes14.shtml

For a long time, my favorite was the '85 Snake Eyes and felt that Hasbro pretty much couldn't top it, especially with the lame-ass designs they had come up with over the years. Then JvC hit and that O-ringed Snakes was a beauty. Articulated wrists AND ankles? Bad-ass commando & ninja hybrid? I was RABID to get him.

Went out Christmas shopping and found him at KB (RIP) and was just so psyched.

This new version looks rad, though if I get another one, I'm gonna do a custom. Not really into the crap molded onto his chest, so all that's gonna go. Just gonna use a whole new torso and some of that web gear that came with Cross Hair. Should be a simple job, but then again, I always say that.

The Adult Swim stuff looks nice. Saw some of the protos at MegaCon. As long as I get all the Aqua Teens, I'm cool. A Carl would be cool, too. He cracks me up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn, that's a nice fig.

y'know, they have yet to make a SE fig I don't like, and if I told ya which was my fave (apart from the 1st one), y'all would laugh me outta town... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just found out what I thought was my fave SE isn't Snake Eyes at all... [img]redface.gif[/img]

this is the guy I meant though...

right here.

and don't ask why, but I really like this SE...

over here!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eh, the Night Vulture has more than a passing resemblance. Chalk it up to lazy designers, I guess. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That SE isn't bad at all. He was probably the last good SE just before the ARAH line ended. For the Street Fighter movie, they did a Guile figure that used that SE's body mold, only in black with grey accents.

I took that base, repainted it flat black, and topped it with a flat black Ninja Force SE head to make what I thought was the "ultimate" Snake Eyes figure.

Luckily, 10 years later Hasbro kicked its ass with that awesome O-ringed Snakes and this new VvV wave 7 version, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

No offense guys, but I HATE that version of Snake-Eyes! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it's such a bad figure, but it looks much better in black. Why Hasbro thought a character like Snake Eyes needed to wear bright, neon colors is beyond me.

The detail on the torso is really nice, with all the little pouches. The forearm guards with raised Asian lettering/designs are also cool. The head sculpt is a cool variation on the original, first SE's mask... but the new comic pack SE's head looks better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123