Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palisades Planet of the Apes, Terminator, AoD series 2...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agreed [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are there any pics out there of the Apes stuff?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

doc, no pics of the Apes stuff has been released yet.

As for the AoD figures. The second series looks like it will be better, and the new Ash likeness is MUCH better. Also, word is, there will be a box set that will include a chainsaw Ash. I just hope the line sells well enough to warrant it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dropshipbob:
    After the sales for most5-6 inch lines being lackluster, I would think the 4 inch scale would be perfect from a money point of view, cheaper since they need less ram materials to produce, which than translate into a cheaper pricetag.
    Atleast that's how it would appear to me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Apparently this isn't the case for Hasbro since their going to drop small Joes for awhile. So they can create another larger more articulated Joe that will fail like the other attempt they tried.

As far as the small Joes disappearing for awhile. I'm glad! I have just about what I need in the line. I only need one of each personality that I like for my collection. The rest is army building and my Cobra army is just about complete. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So that leaves me with the Empire...... [img]eek.gif[/img]

PJ

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still don't know what Hasbro's thinking.

With one fell swoop, they've managed to completely piss off and alienate the clientele that have been supporting the 12" and 3.75" lines for years now. Not only will these disgruntled fans not be buying Sigma Six, they won't be buying Hasbro products, period. If Hasbro was so dead-set on changing scales, they could've glanced around the 'Net to see the demand for 6" Marvel Legends-style Joes.

If Joes went ML, there would've been some hardcore fanboys pissed, but overall, the line would've been supported by the community. Come next year, Hasbro's really going to miss that support and will then only realize just how important the fans are to the survival of a line like GI Joe.

I'm not a Hasbro suit, but I have no idea how they're expecting Sigma Six to make money. With the cost of petroleum so high, toy production's gonna be that much more expensive because the figures are so much bigger. They may recoup the costs with the $14.99 MSRP, but how many kids are gonna have complete collections? Most parents are probably willing to buy a couple figures and that's it. Hasbro better not be banking that every 5 to 8 year-old boy in America will have a complete set of Sigma Six, 'cuz shit ain't happening. They're just too expensive.

I think the cartoon will be good exposure, and that sales might initially be strong, but it's not going to last-- certainly not like ARAH did. At that cost, there's no way a line can have staying power.

And with the whole anime "look" of the figures, it seems like Hasbro is making a pathetic attempt at cashing in on a dying craze. The scale is mind-boggling, too-- 8"-9" figures were popular in the 90's. With so many companies now producing 4" figures, it looks like we're in another 1:18/small scale "trend" in the industry... leave it to Hasbro to be behind the times.

Just biding time until 2007, when it'll be the 25th anniversary of ARAH-- here's for hoping that Hasbro will do something along the lines of the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection to celebrate.

'Til then, bring on Marvel Super Hero Showdown!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

This new line will definitely go bust for Hasbro. I really don't know what goes through the minds behind that company.

This isn't the 1st, or even the second time they have tried this. The first was their 8" Super Joe line in the 70's, which was a quick failure. Then their 5" line in the 90's, another quick failure. Will they EVER learn?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker:
    This new line will definitely go bust for Hasbro. I really don't know what goes through the minds behind that company.

This isn't the 1st, or even the second time they have tried this. The first was their 8" Super Joe line in the 70's, which was a quick failure. Then their 5" line in the 90's, another quick failure. Will they EVER learn?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One theory on a Joe forum is that Hasbro is doing this so that G.I.Joe won't be competeing with Star Wars for the next movie release and the several waves of figures that are to follow.
    I could almost live with Hasbro getting the Joes out of the 3.75 size scale if they would give Star Wars figures at least the same amount of articulation Joes have.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would buy the Star Wars theory if the JvC and Star Wars lines hadn't already competed against each other when Episode 2 came out. Apparently Hasbro didn't have a problem with the two lines being released around the same time last film.

...And JvC was brand-new at the time. It hadn't been established over the course of a few years like it was when Hasbro put it on "hiatus."

Since Sigma Six is supposed to be released late summer/early fall, I don't think a months-old Star Wars line would be much competition. I imagine sales'll be strong 'til about July, then quickly putter out when the movie leaves theatres.

Fact is, Sigma Six must've been in development for some time if Hasbro's planning to launch the line this year. Planning must've been going on for the better part of last year... meanwhile, none of the fans had a clue.

It's going to be interesting to see how Hasbro handles the fan reaction at the official GI Joe convention this summer. It's going to be a packed hall-- full of seething fanboy hate!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    ....full of seething fanboy hate!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

army of darkness (or anything evil dead) is a must! really looking forward to planet of the apes and palisades' adult swim figures, too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast