Thread: Why can't they all be like this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was looking around on the Rebel Scum website and saw this figure... http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vlukeskywalker.asp

Now why can't Hasbro but that kind of articulation into all of their Star Wars figures? Or at least the shoulders, hips, knees and elbows. I did notice though that some (and some being the key word) of the new ROTS figures do have increased levels of articulation but not like that Luke in the link above. If Hasbro could get more consistant with putting in good articulation into their SW figures I would be buying them like a fiend (which I guess it is a good thing they don't as far as my bank account is concerned).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would be nice, but my guess is that Hasbro are too cheap to do so.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Vintage Original Trilogy Collection was one of the best toy lines of 2004, without a doubt. The sculpting was great and the articulation was nice, though a little inconsistent. There was no standard type of articulation for every figure in the line, which was pretty confusing. VOTC Vader had completely different elbow joints than Boba Fett or Han Solo, for example.

While I would consider VOTC a major evolution for Hasbro, it doesn't mean anything if they don't follow through. They've shown us that they can put out amazing product, so anything less looks like Hasbro's being really lazy.

Why stop at just the Star Wars line?

Why not do a Joe line like VOTC?

Hasbro could put out Sigma Six for kids, and a highly detailed VOTC-esque line for collectors. VOTC flew off the shelves, and I'm sure a similar Joe line would do just as well with the 20 and 30-something set. It wouldn't even have to be as expansive as GI Joe vs. Cobra/Spy Troops/Valor vs. Venom was, either. It could be three or four waves of five to six vintage-style Joes with amped-up detail and even better articulation.

It doesn't seem impossible... Hasbro just has to be willing to try.