Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This thread started over in the Body banks but involves sereval figures from the childhood of us 30ish folks so I thhought some folks here might like to get in on it.
    Here is the link (I think) for the beginning...
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/9229/t/253

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to have tons of Adventure People and you guys aren't kidding that they can take a beating. They lived through me and my sister's kids and are still intact waiting for me to have kids one day to "love" them. I remember my 3 favorite figures were these 3 alien type figures they did. One was a clear green figure that was the same mold as one of the scuba guys. Another was this guy with a robotic arm and a brain in a jar for his head. And my all time favorite was a black and silver guy that had robotic arms with claws on the end and I can't remember if his name was Clawtron or if that is just what I called him. When I started getting Micronauts my Adventure People moved into Micropolis and they all lived together fighting off the aliens from both collections.
    Some other figures from childhood that would hang out with the APs and Micros were some Buck Rogers figures, Flash Gordon figures, the Roman soldier looking guy from Clash of the Titans, Zorro and Mego Pocket Heroes Spiderman and Batman.
    Then along came swivel-arm G.I. Joe and everything started becoming subject to government take-over.
    I really miss the days when most figure lines were around the same size and you even had a few small companies putting out cheep generic vehicles in various themes.
    Anyway so ends my rant for now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok after some Google searching I did find some names of the Adventure People Aliens
    Clear green guy is X-ray man
    Brain in a jar guy is Brainoid
    And Clawtron was the name of the black and silver guy.
    You can see pictures of them here ( http://www.fpadventure.com/fp.htm ) down at the bottom of the page.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i love the x-ray people and my clawtron! they are also my favorite adventure people (that i still have).