Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

In case you haven't heard, Palisades will be selling the AoD, Series 2 in blind packaging as well.

This doesn't bother me, I rather like the idea of blind packaging. I like a surprise, I like a hunt, I like to trade, I like to have fun. The one thing that does bother me about it, is that the big winged Deadite has been cancelled due to the blind packaging. I assume he was too big to fit in a box. How many other characters from these lines might not be made due to size?

Ken Lilly did say there was going to be a big surprise that will have fans excited though. I am thinking this may be the chainsaw Ash that was going to be part of a boxed set.

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, I'm not into the blind packaging thing.

I know it's supposed to be a cool thing to trade with other collectors for figures you don't have, but like communism, it's a great idea on paper that doesn't work when people are worked into the equation.

Personally, I feel this is going to just encourage the greedy to buy cases, then scalp the popular characters for a premium. Now, this is great for Palisades, because they'll be selling cases of figures... but the guy trying to collect the line honestly is fucked. It's almost like a punishment for the very folks that actually want to buy the product.

When will toy companies realize that all buyers want to be able to do is walk into any store that sells toys, buy what we want, then walk out? We're willing to buy-- we just need to be able to find the shit. Something so small would really make a lot of us collectors happy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone just let the cat out of the bag on the Palisades board. I don't think this info is supposed to be released to anyone other than club members yet, but HA, here it is....

Ash w/Chainsaw
    Knight(retool/repaint?)
    Skeletal Deadite(retool/repaint?)
    Evil Ash
    Duke
    Winged Deadite
    S-Mart Ash
    Pit Deadite
    Red Knight
    Deadite Captain
    Red Knight #2
    Deadite Soldier(similar to the series 1 Deadite Scout, but an entirely new sculpt)

The complete lineup for AoD series 2. Interesting to see the Wimged Deadite listed, as it said it was cancelled due to blind packaging in the prototype auction description.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'll be wanting the Chainsaw Ash... so, if anyone happens to get an extra they don't want, I'm down for trading or buying.

Maybe I'll luck out and actually find one.

Yeah, right. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wish they'd let you order the figures in number and without the packaging.. Kind of what Hasbro would do with some of their G I Joe figures.. I would love to order and wait on them to fill it as soon as they ran off enough. Just so I could get the figures I want in the number I want without having to play a stupid game.. Hasbro is pissing me off with the Star Wars line. Packaging a couple of each figure in a case is stupid. Every one knows that the Clone Troopers will be gone off the shelves. I wish all the retailers would ban together and say they will carry the first cases but after that you need to sell us what's moving.

PJ

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Phantomcopier:
    I wish all the retailers would ban together and say they will carry the first cases but after that you need to sell us what's moving.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's no way the big retailers would do that, simply because rare or "chase" figures keep customers coming back to the store. If they can't find the figure they're looking for, odds are pretty good that they'll buy something else instead. Apparently, this strategy works because it's been in place for so long.

Something major would have to happen for the strategy to change, namely toys no longer being considered "sought-after collectibles" and just going back to being plain old toys, like they were when we were kids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Series two? People actually bought series 1? Suncoasts here have a solid wall of these.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For anyone who hasn't seen them already toy mania has a good picture and the availability ratio of series 2
    [url="http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6509.shtml<a href="]AoD" target="_blank">http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6509.shtmlAoD series 2</a>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok that link didn't work but here is the address.
    http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6509.shtml

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't stand blind-boxes either. It's fine in the beginning when you have zero, but towards the end of your collection, it gets harder and harder to get those last few to round out your collection.
    Case in point, Tree House Kids Aliens swarm packs. I have almost a full platoon of Marines, and I have all of the Aliens, except the clear warrior, which I don't care for. I only need two marines to finish the set, but I can't get them. No store near me sells them, or it would be a simple matter of "peeking" into the boxes. The only people who are opening the boxes on eBay are in England, and that costs crazy money to buy something from there, let alone shipping it.
    So now I have a hole in my army which will probably not get filled. And THK have been useless with their "help".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast