Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello im thinking about buying an acrylic kit im wondering out of the big three companies fibes,vistalite,zickos which one is the better set mabe you guys can give me some insight. i currenty own a radio king set that iuse for jazz,and i have a maple kit i use for a rock band. i just started playing for a funk band and thought that one of these kits would look cool for stage present, but i want the best sound i can get too. mabe some body can give me some insight, and yes im am too a vinnie freak.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a friend with a Fibes acrylic 8,10,12, 14, 22 with a 14 inch snare. He has Pinstripes on it and I've recorded it in my studio. BTW, I played it days ago and the heads were pretty old but it still sounded great. They are loud and have a very clear fundamental pitch. It records and sounds at least as good as a quality Maple or Birch kit. I've recorded many of each and most don't sound as good on tape as his kit did. Incidentally, the same holds true for Trick aluminum kits. They sound excellent too. Both are more consistent from drum to drum than most wood kits, which often have a dead drum or two - unless you get lucky. I play Maple and Birch kits but would not hesitate to own one of these - given a caveat regarding acrylic. They scratch! Use drum bumpers between your snare and nearby toms and FL T and adjacent toms to avoid marring their finish. If you like the look, you'll love the sound, take care of them. On the otherside, they are loud and don't have tons of harmonic overtones so if you play a lot of quiet jazz they might not be for you. Good luck!