Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Late night pic posting galore!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O.o

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That close up of the big pink gumby (Nimrod) is about as scary as Robin at the Neverland Ranch [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Theres a fun mental image for ya.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holy Jesus Juice Batman!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got some big, pink dice I use just for Nimrod. I got them from a vending machine machine at the grocery store. They're very bouncy and homosexual.

One day, I'm gonna have to get off my ass and take some pictures of my action figures.

Anyone playing/buying Superhero Showdown?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

The figures for Showdown are a blatant case of articulation ruining sculpt. Yuck. I haven't read anything about the game because the figures are so ugly. Granted, you can have a lot of fun with a lot of articulation, but c'mon, those shoulder joints make Doc Ock look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Have you played it, Colin?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't say I've played an actual game with other people, but I've run a few "battle simulations," and I think the gameplay is thus far being over-looked and underrated.

It's VS. but better....cause it's got action figures n' shit. When I say it's VS., I mean the game aspects were lifted directly from Vs., which is a great game if you're into the whole CCG thing. My only problem with Vs. is that it lacked toys/miniatures. Superhero Showdown solves that problem at the expense of a vast variety of characters and gameplay options/possibilities.

I'm mainly in it for the figures. I like collection ACTION FIGURES, not statues. For what they're intened to be, I think they look fantastic, and they're very versatile. I would have creamed over 5" figures like this when I was a kid. (Yes, I did a lot of creaming in second grade, but I lacked focus.)

I think TMNT were excellent TOYS, although they certainly weren't the prettiest "collectables." That said, Doc Ock is (so far) the fugliest of this lot, and his joints definitely leave plenty of room for aesthetic improvement. But damn if he can't pose circles around my NECA Toxic Avenger "figure" or anything DC Direct has ever produced. Plus...he has his own stats, rules for organized play, and exclusive "feat" cards.

Good stuff, in my opinion. Superhero Showdown could turn out to be the best of both worlds.

(Well...the best of the majority of worlds.)

<font color="#99FFCC" size="1">[ September 28, 2005 08:10 PM: Message edited by: colin_in_sick ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMO, every series of TMNT toys has offered a very nice blend of articulation and sculpt, much like many of the early Spawn series that got me hooked and pulled this deep into toy collecting. Even (most) of the recent Marvel Legends and Spiderman movie toys at various scales exhibit that it is possible to allow great articulation and still display an incredible sculpt. Some of these toys end up looking more like the wooden dummies that art student use to study human pose. At that point, the kid in me is only intrigued by goofy rocket launchers, spring-loaded kungfu-action, or flashing lights and ear-piercing sounds.

I agree with you about statues, though. Too many static poses is the main reason I dropped my McFarlane habit. It works on 1.5" figures, but I want a 6" figure to at least be able to scratch its own ass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    imga0913
    Experienced trio.
    imga0915
    Nice hooter.
    imga0917
    imga0918
    Them's bullet holes. The "damaged" base sculpts are perhaps more impressive than the figures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Check out the BLING, FOO'!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But that green lanterns white, shouldn't you get John Stewart?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast