New maps - good.
    Improved collation - good.
    Bricks - meh.
    Mail-away exclusives - good.
    Theme sets - meh.
    Scenario tourneys - good.
    3 sets/year - whatever.
    ...what else was there? I dunno.

Overall, although it was mostly good news, it was a bit overhyped. As usual, folks overreacted in turn. I'll be more inclined to applaud the effort once I've seen the promised results. I won't pre-order any cases, but I may save up for more retail boosters or even a brick. Mostly, though, it looks as if the secondary market may take a hit - which is good for me because that's where I pick up 95% of my collection these days. All hail eBay.

Although, with the release of Civ IV in November, I may be dropping out of Clix for a while to practice taking over the world...

1gandhi lg
    civilization iv 20050623034833673

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dungeons & Dragons Online:Stormreach for me. I won't be getting any heroclix for a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

D&D nerd

What happened? What announcement?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ronfar:
    D&D nerd

What happened? What announcement?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Found here: link

HeroClix Is Now Two Times Easier To Collect!
    The next Marvel HeroClix? expansion will debut this November and it features dramatically improved figure ratios in its boosters. Titled Armor Wars, this expansion also marks the first shift in a trend toward stronger set themes ? in this instance, the classic Armor Wars storyline and some of Iron Man?s classic allies and enemies!
    Players will notice the benefits of the ratio change immediately:

One out of every three boosters produced contains a Unique!
    Players will only have to buy half as many boosters to collect a full set (slightly less than a full case!)
    Complete-set-collectors will end up with, on average, 78% fewer duplicate figures.
    All of this without sacrificing any characters ? expansions will still contain 96 figures each!
    In the future, all HeroClix sets will feature much stronger ?set themes,? evident not only in the choices of characters but in the sculpts as well.

But that?s not all ? Armor Wars heralds several other significant improvements to the HeroClix experience ? all inspired by player feedback.

WizKids is building the HeroClix Approved Play program to make it even more entertaining and rewarding.

A new map will be created for each release and distributed for free though the Approved Play program.

The maps will tie into the theme of each set.
    The maps will be 24? x 36? so that you may easily laminate them.
    This map size will become the new standard for the HeroClix Invitational Series and scenario play.
    36? x 36? maps, such as the one included in DC HeroClix Icons, will remain the standard for non-Invitational events and Battle Royales ? although new maps can be used as well!
    Scenario play will become an official part of HeroClix Approved Play starting in November of 2005!

Approved Play will feature 1 scenario event each month, based on the new expansion?s map, for four months per expansion.
    WizKids will create three of these scenarios, but the fourth will come from player submissions.
    The player-submission scenario will be selected though a web-based voting contest.
    The top five vote getters will receive cool product prizes.
    Details about the contest and the scenarios will be posted as the time approaches.
    Look for more Approved Play announcements in the coming months!
    New Guy Night is a new program launching this October designed to reward existing HeroClix players for bringing new players into HeroClix.

This New Guy Night launches the exclusive WizKids Superhero Training Program, with special events for new heroes (and sidekicks) with every HeroClix release, including exclusive FREE figures!
    When you bring a friend to your local game store and teach him or her how to play HeroClix, you and your friend both receive a FREE exclusive Limited Edition figure from Armor Wars.
    These figures will not be available anywhere else!
    To celebrate the launch of this program, the Armor Wars New Guys will also receive a Marvel HeroClix Universe Starter Set FREE.
    The evening is geared toward casual learning and fun.
    WizKids will reward those HeroClix collectors who support their local hobby-game stores (brick-and-mortar retailers).

Each case of HeroClix boosters will contain 4 ClixBricks.

A ClixBrick is 12 boosters shrink wrapped together and sold as a single unit.
    WizKids considers brick buyers ?collectors.? Collectors will receive an exclusive, Limited Edition HeroClix collector?s figure FREE (plus shipping and handling) when they send in the receipt for a ClixBrick from their local hobby game store ? Internet purchases will not qualify.
    Collectors will enjoy many other benefits as well ? stay tuned for more info!
    Of course, single boosters will still be available for purchase.
    Hobby-game stores make up the foundation of the HeroClix gaming community so remember to Buy it by the Brick and join your fellow collectors!

It all begins in November with Marvel HeroClix: Armor Wars? so be sure to reserve a brick at your local retailer early.

The HeroClix team would like to thank all of the game?s fans for their passion and input.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...or were you being sarcastic?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Overall, I'm pleased with the announcements of recent weeks except for one:

Why are we making Dark Phoenix figures "retail" available? That so totally blows goats.

But, as for the core announcement, I like the set slowdown, new maps and themed sets. I just don't understand what all the secrecy was about. I didn't think anything was THAT blockbuster, ya know?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since they can't use sex as much, they have to use hype as a marketing tool. Looks like it worked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

D&D nerd
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plastic Addict.