Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok so I know some of you guys are big board players, and I'm having this dilema betwen this 2 games I want to buy!

the first is: "betrayl at house on the hill" from what I read on the net sounds like a very cool and diferent horror board game...fast paced etc

the other one is domain: sort of a complicated version of RISK, with more strategy...

has any of you guys played any of this games? wich should I buy?(or wich should I buy first?) thanks for the help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a link to the game's websites? With that I might be able to provide more help. From your description I think that "Betrayl at House on the Hill" sounds best.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's a pretty good following at my store that really enjoys Avalon Hill's "House on Haunted Hill" (or whatever it's called...)

They say the only problem with that game is the limited scenarios. If you play it too much too fast, you'll go right through them. I think, even still, some of those guys enjoy the game anyway.

I can't say anything about the other game. I've never heard of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it "Domain Wars"?

This is what Google turned up:
    A fantasy strategy/board game where you become the Commander of a dark army intent on taking over the Kingdom, and claiming it for your own. Recruit legendary Heroes, train your troops and wage war with various mystical lands. Send in your Diplomats to negotiate for the territories, and send your Hero on dangerous quests in your behalf. Randomly generated world and Heroes every game make for almost unlimited replayability.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes it sound like Civilization. In which case, it could be interesting, but why not just play Civ?

"Betrayal at House on the Hill" is definately more of a gamer's game. If this is the right website (link), they make it sound a bit like Clue. Could be interesting, but I'm more inclined to vote for strategy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ZOMBIES!!! You must get Zombies! (I would but I don't have the cash right now) I have heard that it is a great game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

imbalance got the correct site for betrail

the one for domain is [img]frown.gif[/img] at least one of them...not sure it's the official...)

http://www.rainydaygames.ca/Product.asp?Page=486934

I havent decided yet...not sure If I should go for the "clue" type or for the "Civ"(and on buying civ...it would be like buying doom board game...I'm to lazzy to buy a board game that exists on Pc...)

I'll probably just go and buy Zombies!!! it sounded like a cool fast pace game when I first researched it!(and it has zombies! what else could I want!!!)

take a look ate the site:

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/zombies/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zombies!!! IS a lot of fun. I've actually played that.

The best part is one of the expansions has Zombie Dogs! You can use little Zombie Dog tokens on top of the regular ones. And, I don't know if it's in the first game, or an add-on, but there's one set of Zombie tokens that glow in the dark! It's wild.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mox:
    but there's one set of Zombie tokens that glow in the dark!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The glow in the dark zombies can be bought seperatly in bags of, IIRC, 100.

It's wild.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So am I. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Betrayal at the House on the Hill is the BOMB!! It always takes the spotlight at our local weekend gamathons.

Zombies is cool too, but Betrayal is a lot more expansive.

I personally think Risk is dull.