Originally posted by MJlover
Title: <u>What is wrong with everyone?</u>

02-06-07

I just finished, or rather stopped, reading Hair10's thread about his not receiving his due from Wizkids. I've been playing this game since the very beginning. It used to be one of my favorite things to do. I stopped playing almost completely after last year's chamionship in Philly. Things were already headed downhill by that point, but that was the last straw. I won't go into many details. I'll just say that my friend won Philly the year before last, while the game was still good. Our dealings with Wizikds' staff last year were frustrating and terrible. The figures have gone way downhill starting with Sinister, and they don't know how to run a tournament. The worst part of all is that they always think they're right, and refuse to heed any criticism, even if it's constructive.

My friend and I have sold all of our LEs and uniques, and will soon sell everything else. We have not bought a single figure since Philly, and have played only 3 or 4 tournaments in the last eight months. This is maybe the third or fourth time I've been on this site in that time. I only check it for the same reason I've played tournaments: boredom.

Wizkids is a terrible company, and Heroclix is spiraling downward, and will, as I see it, be dead by 2009. Everything I've seen and read lately leads me to believe this more and more.

On top of all that, there is something wrong with the majority of members of this site. Hair10 was owed certain things by Wizkids, albeit not legally. After repeated failed attempts to contact the company directly, he felt his only recourse was to post here where at least someone would respond, even if it was just us members. I don't know the whole situation between Hair and Wizkids, but I'm inclined to believe that it's mostly Wizkids' fault considering my experiences with them.

Should he just keep it all to himself? Should he just say "Oh, they're ignoring me and being jerks, I guess I'll just move on and say nothing about it"? We've all felt frustrated by a situation like this at one time or another, and wished there was something we could do. Usually there isn't, but Hair found that he could at least bring this up here to show Wizkids character.

A lot of people here chided him for complaining and being bitter. Rather than attempt to talk sense into any of you, since over the years I've found that to be futile, I've decided to just leave and never look back. The only thing more frustrating than dealing with Wizkids is reading all of the idiotic responses on this site, and I'm now done with it. Flame away, and I hope it brings you joy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See, they just obliterate rants like this thinking they get away with it before anyone notices. From now on, I'm going to try to copy and paste as many of them as I can (for all the more I visit the oppressive forums anymore) for all the world to see. It's just something...fun...for me to do. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]