Thread: Hmm, I'm starting to like WizKids less.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad. I knew it was nothing I would pay $25 for, but you're right in that it is way under powered. Very, very sad. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I'm hoping that either my local judge hasn't heard about the "No feat cards with multi-attack" retarded ruling ot he'll agree that it's retarded and ignore it.

But don't worry about Colonel Logan. For as bad as Advanced Sentinel and Hound are Colonel Logan is twice as good.

Ahh, I guess I can't hold a grudge too long. As disappointed as I am I am still thankful for being able to play HeroClix at all. Even if WizKids is on crack. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No problem ... professional grudge-holder right here.

Gimme that hate!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not because of cards or Phoenix or Galactus or Firelord or HorrorClix but because of Sentinel.
    Not only does the new Sentinel cost more with a lower attack and defense but they changed the rules to make all Sentinels WEAKER! I mean, you get complaints every week about feat cards being too powerful but when did anyone say that Sentinel needed to be WEAKER??? I was really happy to hear about a new 400-point powerful Sentinel. But Wizkids killed that immediately. There are feat cards that you can't use on Sentinel. What is this, pokemon? Where we have limited cards. I think if someone is stupid enough to put Lazarus pit on Sentinel they deserve what they get. This new 'Advanced' Sentinel gets an even LOWER defense than the last one. For 150 POINTS you get a figure with a defense starting at 16 and IMMEDIATELY dropping to 15 and hitting rock bottom at 11. ON TOP OF THAT they added the new rule where if you want to attempt a rescue Sentinel gets -1 to defense. WHAT??? You mean that 14 WASN'T LOW ENOUGH???
    And this new Sentinel gets 2 targets. GREAT. I mean, if I'm paying 400 freaking points for one figure I'd like to be able to do something against swarms. But wait, they changed the rules for multi-attack. Instead of -1 to damage value you get a -1 to damage dealt. That means that if you are on Sentinel's best click(his ONLY click of 4 damage on this 400-point figure) and want to dual target with multi-attack against two pogs with toughness you may split your 4 damage two on each one. But wait, first you have to decrease damage DEALT. that means a -1 for every target. Then -1 again for toughness and Sentinel fails. I have an idea! Just put Armor Piercing on Sentinel and he can proceed to kick almost as much butt as his 400-point price tag says that he should. Except that you can't use cards with the multi-attack. Which means that you can't use cards. Because I certainly want more than one action per turn in a 400-point game. So basically I have a sentinel that has a crappy attack and defense value after some damage, a damage value of 3, the inability to use feat cards and can no longer capture because his defense value against capture attempts is 14. All for a bargain 400 points.

I have an idea. Let Sentinel use Feat Cards with multi-attack. Keep all other crappy rules for balance. Because even if this new sentinel was allowed to use all feats with multi-attack and got a +1 defense for rescues he would STILL lose to NGN Superman EVERY TIME!
    Try it. Sentinel with Armor Piercing, Shellhead, Nanobots, Lazarus Pit, Stunning Blow, Pummel, Haymaker, Fortitude and Repulsor Shield. Let him Multi-Attack with all the cards he wants. That's 530 points that will fall to Superman's 200 points EVERY SINGLE TIME. Now WHY when this overly-souped-up sentinel sucks so much with a 300-point handicap doea WizKids think that it should be much LESS POWERFUL????

WizKids is on crack. They show me something that I've wanted for a long time and then they change the rules to make it suck ass. This isn't the first time. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Well, I did buy one. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And guess what. No cards. I've always hated cards anyway, but the fact that they were supposed to be included with the product I paid for just puts another nail in the WK QC coffin. Here goes another email...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dammit. Rose took all of 15 minutes to get back to me. Oh well, there are plenty of other things left to complain about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That makes me real sad.

Good thing I didn't buy one! [img]wink.gif[/img]