Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ywcshc

When the game comes back, perhaps so, too, will this board. I've got a lot of ashes to sift through. Lots of guilt. Burnt bridges. Loss. It can't ever be the same again.
    [I]They retreated behind math, behind color, behind the active principle itself.[/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ywcshc

Topps, just go away. Please, just take the property down to Goodwill or something, and let someone more deserving take a crack at it. You've done enough damage already.
    [I]They retreated behind math, behind color, behind the active principle itself.[/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Jic

It's been too long without any real data from Pinata on the future of HeroClix. If the ICV2 article is to be believed, Topps will get to victimize us yet again if they push out the fabled Hammer of Thor set. It's not that Jake let us down, it's that da man still sees biz potential. It's well past time for a game company to produce this game, and if it's left to Topps to finish the motions just to put something on the shelves, I predict the final doom of Wizkids games. The licenses will most likely then drift through limbo until they expire.

I'd like to hope that an agreement may still be reached before any further harm is done to the brand, or that even if Topps does green light HoT that a well-organized boycott will convince them to unload it as fast as possible to any other capable competitor, but reality is cold, man.

Every time I think I'm done with it all, I'll get a call, or a buddy will stop by and we'll pick up a game. We scorn the drama surrounding the business end, we kick around a lot of "what if's", and we usually end up checking eBay prices, just in case. But ultimately, there's this understanding that HeroClix peaked. And even though it's still fun, the fanfare got us out of the house and not only sitting around tables in public places with our toys, but even to other towns with hosts of other players and strategic possibilities.

I wouldn't mind getting it all back. I just don't want Topps to have anything to do with it.