Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

The more I think about this cross-promotion, the less I like it. I think Bro_Mags had given us plenty of signals that this was coming, but I never anticipated that it would be this bad. This just about nails the coffin shut for me. I'll sit on the fence a little more, though. I'm too darn loyal that way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Censored again.

I made a post on WK about the damage that has been dealt yet again in their ongoing quest for poor sales and pissed off customers. With the first ever firing of a rules arbitrator, and the bastardized marketing ploy they sprung on us with Supernova, I basically declared that I am finished with them. I have no interest in playing or collecting a hybrid of their products, nor am I willing to bear their deceipt any longer. I'm done bending over for them for the sake of exclusives. I'm completely fed up with the official game. And I have nothing but contempt for their recent corporate practices. They're killing HeroClix in the same way that they destroyed Mage Knight, and there's little reason to stand here on the deck as the ship goes under. As often as I thought I had reached this point over many such instances in the past, this time I am more disheartened than ever. Despite every good experience I've had dealing with customer service and many other contacts within the company, the hundreds if not thousands of games I've thoroughly enjoyed playing and competing in, the incredible cast of characters that have been produced by these toymakers and how gleefully I have acquired so many of them for my personal collection, and all of the fun folks I've had the pleasure of conversing with about this product, I sincerely think that it is time for me to move on to something else for a while. Don't expect to see my collection on eBay, though, and I'll probably still want to make the constructed events, but I refuse to give one more dime - no matter how disposable - to Wizkids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww, man. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no "Herrorclix" hybrid game. They just made Marvel Zombies HeroClix. I have no problem with that, I probably wont pull one anyway, they seem rare.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a hybrid brand manager.

Time will tell. It's not the figures themselves that matter at all. An REV slot for zombie Wolverine would have been great, or an LE off an REV, or even if all four of them had been regular U's. But that their sole purpose is to help HorrorClix ride on HeroClix' coattails is a bit insulting, and to top it off they went and pulled the same uber-rare crap that finished off Mage Knight. The only thing that could possibly be worse now is if they made cards the standard tourney prize instead of LE figs.

Part of me is having a problem really letting go, but sadly it's that twisted part that thrives on chaos and destruction. It's like watching a train wreck - horrible to witness, but you can't turn away... It's bringing out the snide, sarcastic Imbalance that wants to be around when the company goes bust only to be able to say, "told you so." But I'd rather see them do things right and correct the mistakes they keep making. It's a stressful place for any consumer to be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't see the zombies as a way for Horrorclix to hitch a ride with HeroClix, but rather a clever way of getting the "required" figures that we've seen far too many times into the set without taking up real character slots. If they were going down this route, they'd have to pick something interesting and popular, thus the zombies. If one has a game that is all about monsters and makes zombie figures, it seems logical to make them compatible to both games.

I can certainly see where you are coming from, especially with the Hellboy announcement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what's happened to Wizkids. They used to be famous for their insane devotion to their customers. Giving away LEs left and right and what not.

The other day their was a Mechwarrior player talking about how they went over a year without getting figure prizes. And as I understand it, Horrorclix doesn't get figure prizes either. But the mechwarrior guy saif that they are starting to get figure prizes again so maybe Wizkids is learning...
    :hopeful:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Imbalance:
    Censored again.

I made a post on WK about the damage that has been dealt yet again in their ongoing quest for poor sales and pissed off customers. With the first ever firing of a rules arbitrator, and the bastardized marketing ploy they sprung on us with Supernova, I basically declared that I am finished with them. I have no interest in playing or collecting a hybrid of their products, nor am I willing to bear their deceipt any longer. I'm done bending over for them for the sake of exclusives. I'm completely fed up with the official game. And I have nothing but contempt for their recent corporate practices. They're killing HeroClix in the same way that they destroyed Mage Knight, and there's little reason to stand here on the deck as the ship goes under. As often as I thought I had reached this point over many such instances in the past, this time I am more disheartened than ever. Despite every good experience I've had dealing with customer service and many other contacts within the company, the hundreds if not thousands of games I've thoroughly enjoyed playing and competing in, the incredible cast of characters that have been produced by these toymakers and how gleefully I have acquired so many of them for my personal collection, and all of the fun folks I've had the pleasure of conversing with about this product, I sincerely think that it is time for me to move on to something else for a while. Don't expect to see my collection on eBay, though, and I'll probably still want to make the constructed events, but I refuse to give one more dime - no matter how disposable - to Wizkids.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to the club. You had a lot more devotion and patience than I did.

I don't keep up with much of this stuff anymore, so I don't know about the "cross-promotion." As much as I love zombies, I can't imagine how Marvel Zombies would be very exciting: Banner can barely transform, Wolverine's metal bones tear away from him, Iron Man...sure, it would be a cool sculpt, but damn...

Anyway, I've bought quite a few HorroClix, but I haven't played a game. Part of me gets excited about it, but the rest of me is SOOOO tired of HeroClix that I just can't even seem to get too interested in the zombie/chainsaw/maniac Clix game that I once yearned for.

Meh

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Imbalance:
    There is a hybrid brand manager.

Time will tell. It's not the figures themselves that matter at all. An REV slot for zombie Wolverine would have been great, or an LE off an REV, or even if all four of them had been regular U's. But that their sole purpose is to help HorrorClix ride on HeroClix' coattails is a bit insulting, and to top it off they went and pulled the same uber-rare crap that finished off Mage Knight. The only thing that could possibly be worse now is if they made cards the standard tourney prize instead of LE figs.

Part of me is having a problem really letting go, but sadly it's that twisted part that thrives on chaos and destruction. It's like watching a train wreck - horrible to witness, but you can't turn away... It's bringing out the snide, sarcastic Imbalance that wants to be around when the company goes bust only to be able to say, "told you so." But I'd rather see them do things right and correct the mistakes they keep making. It's a stressful place for any consumer to be.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as the cards as prizes .. thats not far off .. prize support as we know it has been hinted at being changed as of the new year. The next DC set will remain the same .. IMO only cause its so close to the beginning of the year they didnt have a chance to change it for that set.

The cross promotion is a terrible idea ... semi-compatible? almost, why do i want to bother with something that will obviously lead to abuse? Heck they can't manage to mantain a balanced game as is right now but thats another story.

Im with Imbalance, Im driving by this train wreck slowly just so i can kick its dead bloated corpse at the end