Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to this board. I have made it so that there can be an American Girl board without ridiculous rules. As long as you do not delibratley set out to hurt the feelings of others, or use profanity, any post is allowed. Posts that break these very simple rules will be edited but left as intact as possible. I will not ban anyone unless they delibratley troll, nor will I delete topics unless they are being delibratley hurtful. You are allowed to discuss ebay items all you like here, although that isn't meant to be the focus of this board. I don't expect to get as many members here as the "other" board but I hope some people will join.

Maria Josefina

Hey Rebecca!!! I saw you were a moderator and checked to see if you had made an American Girl board, and you had!

That was fast! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maria Josefina

Here is the current free shipping code (for anyone who may need it.) I checked it today, so I know it still works :

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 23, 2005 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Maria Josefina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to PM you about it but I think you have them turned off. I was feeling angry at the rules there so I decided to make a board and hope a few people joined. They really seem to be enforcing the "rules" tonight. I don't see what is wrong with that Kaya post!! [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Edit: Nor do I see what is so special about ebay that it needs special rules. Being "negative" about any product can hurt the person selling it. I bet people didn't buy the Molly mystery after that long topic on it, that would otherwise have purchased it.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 23, 2005 11:13 PM: Message edited by: rebecca191 ]</font>

Maria Josefina

I'm not sure why ebay is singled out over other markets either.

But the reason for the Kaya post going "in the red" is because I asked how come talking about whether or not a dress was historically accurate was considered negative, yet making posts saying an item was fake, and losing the seller a customer wasn't? I didn't think it was fair.

She agreed and now the rule is anything negative about any ebay item or seller was against the rule, including saying an item was fake (unless they know ebay is investigating the item)

Having only some negative things being considered bad, but not other things, was what mainly bothered me about the rule. So I'm glad it includes everything now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Hey Becca you got me here, Hi!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but it still doesn't address how unequal it is to give ebay special protection. What if someone made homemade dresses to sell on a non auction site? And I find it worrisome that someone who paid a lot for an item can't even ask for help in seeing if it's real when they get it. Where else to ask if not a collecting board? It's just not logical.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 23, 2005 11:33 PM: Message edited by: rebecca191 ]</font>

Maria Josefina

Well, now they just PM a moderator if they think an item might be fake. It just won't be posted on the board until they are 100% sure.

(Hello Nikki! [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With some items you can never be 100% sure really. I think it's a better policy to allow the item to be posted so that the opinions of members with experience can be expressed.
    Well, whatever. It's their bored. If people want to debate if an item is fake I guess they'll just have to come to a board with other rules, such as mine... and does anyone know of any others, that have actual members?

Maria Josefina

Here is a board:

http://ageboard.proboards26.com/index.cgi

But they aren't taking members right now. And you have to be a member to read the posts.

I wish they'd let anyone read them, so I would know what goes on there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't know of any other boards right now.