Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi to All,
    For the past fifteen years I have done all of the restorations and firing instruction for military museums. I also restore and train private collectors and support for military shows. Parts have always been dificult to find, but there is always the hope we can do some trades.
    One word of caution, if you are going to fire a unit, make sure it has been properly serviced and hydro tested. I have pictures of blown units and they are deadly. If I can help with questions, feel free to email me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Charlie,

Thanks for the all the useful information. Hard to locate useful sources for information on flame throwers and maintenance. I did want to ask is it possible for you to post some pictures of units that were not hydro tested and had catostrophic failures? Would be a great reminder for those who want to try things on their own without taking the proper first steps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Totally OK with you men ! Be very carefull with all kind of pressure sytem working with pressurized gas ! Hydrolique pressure is not dangerous ( It will not explode because all liquid are non compressible ! ) BUT, as soon as you use gas ( even simple air ! ), in cas of failure, the system will explode, creating a blast effect very deadly !
    Then best is to test pressure with water , it is named : Hydrotest. I can provide you all the procedure. I don't speak very well english ( I am French ) but I am a Engineer here in France and I built pressure system since more than 10 years. In addition, I am writing a book about technical aspect of Flamethrowers, and I would enjoy to meet new " Flame Friend " on this FORUM, you can contact me at this adress :

[email protected]

see you soon and keep Technically aware !

AL. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2007 12:26 AM: Message edited by: crazylover ]</font>