Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

This may be a question for Charlie. I am looking for a dummy display wand for an M9. Has anyone ever tried to produce one of these just for display? Would really like to locate a solid cast dummy or try to locate enough of the right parts to make one. How many other M9 owners are out there who would be interested?

Thanks

[IMG]C:\My Documents\MY PICTURES\M9 flamethrower in Vietnam.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to be so slow, I had a big project to finish. No one has tried casting a dumby M9 wand, not enough interest. The movie industry did make about five fake M2-2 flamethrowers, most likely for "Sands of Iwo Jima". Supprisingly this was historically correct as 75% of the combat troops were flamethrower asault squads. The main problems are the damage you do to the finish when you make the mold and the cost of the casting resin or flexible material. A good mold man can make the mold for about $200 in material and then each casting is only about $20 in resin. They would not be too strong and the hose would crack the body if you tapped and installed. You can make an aluminum, but you have to make patterns from the mold, big time bucks if you want it done right. No matter what it doesn't justify the costs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the Information Charlie, much appreciatted. Maybe someday someone with a M9 wand will find someone with the programable aluminum machinging machine (CNC?) and they will get together!

I also wanted to ask if anyone out there has a web holster for the M9 wand for sale?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi men, perhaps I could help you : I can produce many parts , my job is to built different prototype, then explain me exactly what kind of parts you may want and I will do my best to make it ! If you have draw, it will be perfect !

Then, me I am looking for technical datas about M9 FlameGun, exact size, diameter of the Nozzle, angle of the Needle edge and it's diameter.

Thank you very much and you can contact me at the adress :

[email protected]

I live in France but I can send parts to you easily by FedEx etc ...

AL.