Thread: Firing an M9 at a R/C airplane at night!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not the most responsible thing to do, but deffinately different. Total of two M9 flamethrower videos on this website, worth a look;

http://www.armamentsales.com/videos.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why was that irresponsible? It was under a controlled environment. The only problem I see is the shorts

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Bob,
    I did not say irresponsible, I said not the most responsible. While cool looking, I personally would not operate a flame thrower at night with no other lighting, while firing at a moving target with a group of people directly behind me (was there someone firing tracers from behind the cameraman at the RC plane?). To me it would be very possible to loose orientation as to the location of the moving target and the people directly around you. While I think it is great we have the freedom to enjoy using flamethrowers, it could take one bad accident to possibly change that.Just my opinion.

Take care

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, Great VIDEO !!!
    Thanks man for the link !
    Do you LOVE Flamethrowers ?
    I have a lot of SERIOUS infos about Flamethrower , and I am writting a book actually.
    I have many Video too, then If I can help somebody to build their own Flamethrower, I will enjoy it ! ( I am an Engineer in Aeronautic )
    Have a great Day !

AL - FRANCE.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Collector1:
    Hi Bob,
    I did not say irresponsible, I said not the most responsible. While cool looking, I personally would not operate a flame thrower at night with no other lighting, while firing at a moving target with a group of people directly behind me (was there someone firing tracers from behind the cameraman at the RC plane?). To me it would be very possible to loose orientation as to the location of the moving target and the people directly around you. While I think it is great we have the freedom to enjoy using flamethrowers, it could take one bad accident to possibly change that.Just my opinion.

Take care
    <font size="3" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your right. It was actually at a big shoot. We had moved to the very front of the firing line with no one around except camera crew, airplane crew, and fire extinguisher man. A few others quickly moved forward as soon a we started making some flame. We were really hoping to shoot down the plane with the flame thrower but with all the spectators we could not get 180 degree safe zone. Next time we will go a little further out and hopefully capture a flaming airplane.
    Bob

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bob,

Your video was great and I look forward to seeing you actually shoot/flame that plane down! I know the problem with people rushing the firing line to get a close look, have seen that happen several times before. I really like the custom paint job on your tanks and look forward to seeing more of your flamethrower in action!